    What would make a system just restart over and over? I seen a blue screen
    flash for a second and ten it just over and over. Any ideas on what it could
    be?

    Jerald Montgomery, Jun 22, 2004

  2. Jerald Montgomery

    William Guest

    William, Jun 22, 2004

  3. Jerald Montgomery

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jun 22, 2004
  4. Jerald Montgomery

    Paul Roberts Guest

    "Jerald Montgomery" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > What would make a system just restart over and over? I seen a blue screen
    > flash for a second and ten it just over and over. Any ideas on what it

    could
    > be?

    Can you boot into safe mode?

    Paul Roberts, Jun 22, 2004
  5. Jerald Montgomery

    nut Guest

    William wrote:
    > Jerald Montgomery wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> What would make a system just restart over and over? I seen a blue
    >> screen flash for a second and ten it just over and over. Any ideas on
    >> what it could be?

    >> Sounds to me like your Boot.ini file is corrupted.

    Sounds to me like you ain't got a fucking clue what you're talking about.

    nut, Jun 22, 2004
  6. Hi,
    No , I had to reformat and lost my important data.

    Jerald Montgomery, Jun 23, 2004
  7. Jerald Montgomery

    Frederic Guest

    go into the bios and reset settings to the factury default
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/russel_02may13.mspx

    --
    Frederic
    MCP, IT Project+, i-Net+, CIW Associate, A+

    Frederic, Jun 23, 2004
  8. Jerald Montgomery

    nUt Guest

    After only 4 hours from asking the question?!

    Your data can't have been that important.

    nUt, Jun 23, 2004
  9. Jerald Montgomery

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Jerald Montgomery" <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >What would make a system just restart over and over? I seen a blue screen
    >flash for a second and ten it just over and over. Any ideas on what it could
    >be?

    Probably the computer still has the default "System Failure -
    Automatically Restart" setting in effect and it is encountering some
    sort of system failure class error during startup.

    For future reference:

    Option 1 - boot the computer into Safe Mode and turn off the
    "automatically restart" settig in Control Panel - Advanced - Startup
    and Recovery Settings". That should at least allow the actual error
    message to be seen and then it can be diagnosed.

    Optio 2 (if the computer will not boot into Safe Mode) - do a "Repair
    Install" of Windows XP which will preserve the user data files,
    installed applications, and program configuration settings.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Jun 23, 2004
  10. Oh yes it was , and I should have backedt up I know.

    Jerald Montgomery, Jun 23, 2004