Windows XP Professional X64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Dennis Pack, Jan 27, 2006.

  1. Dennis Pack

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Cynicism is a natural reaction if everything doesn't function as
    anticipated. When I was younger in the automotive repair industry my uncle
    in marketing told me that I was too cynical because I was only seeing the
    problems and not looking at the overall picture. At the time I disagreed
    with him because I was seeing the problems daily. Now 30 years later I'm
    still in the repair industry as a consultant and still seeing problems. The
    main thing that I've learned is that my biggest job is to fight cynicism,
    find the repair and appreciate the majority of the vehicles that don't have
    the problem that I'm repairing.

    Windows XP Professional X64 is a cynics delight and dream because finding
    things that don't work or react as anticipated is easier than finding out
    what works with more stability. Research is the best tool available but
    never used because it's easier to be a cynic and criticize.

    A great vote of gratitude is owed to all the volunteers and MS employees
    that have been giving their time, effort and research to help find solutions
    to problems that exist and try to work around the lack of support from the
    hardware manufacturers that has been common. Thanks to people like this we've
    progressed from limited and unstable operating systems that date back before
    Windows 3.1.

    The best advice to anyone interested in Windows XP Professional X64 is to
    determine needs, research drivers and programs then try the system and have
    fun. Even though it requires more work than being cynical and criticizing
    the operating system. (Note: extra time taken using Word for spell-check 1.5
    seconds)

    Dennis Pack, Jan 27, 2006

  2. Sound advice, Dennis. Though I've been accused of being a cynic more than
    once, myself. But there's plenty of places where it's appropriate, and I
    don't need it here.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 27, 2006

  3. What bugs me are people who aren't users who advise others that 64 bit is
    unusable, unreliable and crashes all the time based on nothing but hearsay.
    No one has ever forced anyone to use this OS; most of us have entered the
    fray fully aware of possible snags. So far, 64 bit has had about as many
    inconsistencies as XP 32 bit did back in 2001, before it was widely
    deployed. It'll only get better. In the meantime there will always be those
    who help and those who snicker... you know who you are...;-)

    Dennis Gordon, Jan 27, 2006
  4. Dennis Pack

    Rick Guest

    I guess the ones your refer to are either one or both of the following:

    - they believe any rumors as truth and don't try to find the real truth

    or

    - they think this is a perfect world and expect everything to be both
    perfect and handed to them on a silver platter

    It has never occurred to either group to be resourceful and do something
    for themselves! It's much easier to criticize and make derogatory remarks!

    Rick, Jan 27, 2006
  5. Yes. Actually, even though I do occasionally let them get to me, I actually
    think this newsgroup is far better than most. It has a hard core of serious
    and always present folks trying to help, a "soft core" of frequent but
    helpful users, and very few trolls. I think I only have a single entry in my
    kill file at this point. I can tell you, some other NGs are not as good.
    Either there's no one there to help, or there are so many problems that it
    becomes hard to actually help someone. Here we have folks at varying levels,
    but a good collective memory for things we've seen before. And when we do
    get something we don't know, there are folks like Darrell who jump in and
    dig us out. ;)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jan 28, 2006
  6. Dennis Pack

    comptia Guest

    "Dennis Gordon" <> wrote in message

    > What bugs me are people who aren't users who advise others that 64 bit is
    > unusable, unreliable and crashes all the time based on nothing but
    > hearsay. No one has ever forced anyone to use this OS; most of us have
    > entered the fray fully aware of possible snags. So far, 64 bit has had
    > about as many inconsistencies as XP 32 bit did back in 2001, before it was
    > widely deployed. It'll only get better. In the meantime there will always
    > be those who help and those who snicker... you know who you are...;-)

    Thanks for the input, Gordy. I don't know what to say.

    comptia, Jan 28, 2006
  7. Dennis Pack

    ChrisC Guest

    Hi, and it's quite lighthearted sometimes, especially from you guys, which
    makes a for a pleasant change....
    ChrisC

    ChrisC, Jan 28, 2006
  8. Well, we have to have a little fun with each other. Helps ease the load. And
    reminds us that if we're not having fun, we shouldn't be here. Life is too
    short.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64