    be it

    I can't get into Windows XP x64 after it says installation complete all that
    it does is restart over and over. Can someone help me please?
    =?Utf-8?B?dGhhdGJlbmd1eQ==?=, May 26, 2005

  2. thatbenguy <> wrote:
    > I have a huge problem. I install the trial and it goes smoothly. When
    > it's finished installing it reboots and goes to the screen that read
    > safe mode, safe mode with network, last known good configuration ect.
    > and i tried all options there nothing helps. I even tried a repair.
    > Still nothing what's wrong with it all it does it restart over and
    > over. The trial size i got is 558mb. This is my system:
    > AMD Athlon 64 3000+
    > MSI K8T-Neo2-F(via chipset)
    > 512mb DDR RAM(3200)
    > SB Live! 5.1
    > MSI Nvidia GeForce 5200 (128mb)
    > Seagate SATA 200gb
    > PSU Enermax 350
    >
    > I'm using the SATA beta drivers from Via for Windows 2003 x86-64
    > could that be it
    >
    > I can't get into Windows XP x64 after it says installation complete
    > all that it does is restart over and over. Can someone help me please?

    Same problem again and over again...
    You must use F6 to install the sata drivers during setup.
    Download the new drivres from viaarena.com or from www.planetamd64.com

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    Christian Hougardy \(MS MVP XP\), May 26, 2005

  3. Are you formatting the drive during this installation? Any third party
    partitioning software on the system like Partition Magic?

    Also, post the INF for the driver you are using, sounds like it might not
    be decorated properly.
    Joseph Conway [MSFT], May 26, 2005
  4. Thanks i fixed the problem. It was actually caused by older Beta drivers from
    VIA. Got the new ones and now it worked. But didn't keep x64 installed i
    think i'll wait till i can buy an OEM and some other companys like Symantec
    come out with a 64-bit AV or IS. I tried Avast AV which works on XP x64 but
    i don't trust it like i do Symantec. Who's so desperate to want to run an OS
    without AV these days and one they trust not me. Thanks for the replies.
    Regards thatbenguy

    =?Utf-8?B?dGhhdGJlbmd1eQ==?=, May 27, 2005
  5. Curious. I wouldn't trust or allow Symantec on any of my machines! To each
    his own, I guess.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 27, 2005
  6. Charlie Russel - MVP <> wrote:
    > Curious. I wouldn't trust or allow Symantec on any of my machines! To
    > each his own, I guess.

    Same here, I don't want to use any Symantec products...
    Anyway, they are not scoring good in any tests...
    I'm happy with avast and some good practice ;)

    Christian Hougardy, May 27, 2005
  7. no no i meant to say i trust Symantec the most over all other AV products

    =?Utf-8?B?dGhhdGJlbmd1eQ==?=, May 28, 2005
  8. We understood you. We just don't agree with you. :) That's fine. We don't
    have to agree.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 28, 2005