    different method in accessing Update.

    --
    thecreator

    thecreator, Aug 15, 2007

  2. thecreator

    Theo Guest

    Because there is no ActiveX for the 64-bit version of I.E.
    and the Microsoft requires ActiveX do accomplish it's
    intended function.

    No ActiveX no Update capability.

    Theo, Aug 15, 2007

  3. thecreator

    Theo Guest

    Because there is no ActiveX for the 64-bit version of I.E.
    and all the Microsoft Update services requires ActiveX to

    Theo, Aug 15, 2007
  4. thecreator

    Achilles Guest

    Theo wrote:
    > Because there is no ActiveX for the 64-bit version of I.E. and the
    > Microsoft requires ActiveX do accomplish it's intended function.
    >
    > No ActiveX no Update capability.

    And why is that?

    Achilles, Aug 18, 2007
  5. thecreator

    Theo Guest

    You'll have to ask Bill Gates.

    Theo, Aug 18, 2007
  6. thecreator

    John Barnes Guest

    It is different for Vista64 as it uses a different process. You can launch
    windows update from either 32 or 64.

    John Barnes, Aug 18, 2007
  7. thecreator

    Theo Guest

    But in Vista you're not using Internet Explorer for Windows
    Updates. Vista has it's own Update program.

    Theo, Aug 18, 2007
  8. thecreator

    John Barnes Guest

    I said 'different process' also from the tools of IE (either one) you can
    launch it. What exactly is your problem?

    John Barnes, Aug 18, 2007
  9. thecreator

    Theo Guest

    I don't have a problem. I was merely pointing out the
    update process in Vista doesn't actually function in I.E.,
    that Vista has it's own Update program. So, there is no
    ActiveX being called in Vista's I.E.

    Theo, Aug 19, 2007