    on my new computer. Everything seems to run OK -- proper drivers are
    sometimes hard to come by. I would enjoy a comprehensive reference that
    would help me to delve deep into the OS and make the most of it.

    =?Utf-8?B?cmFicml0dGFpbg==?=, May 20, 2006

  2. Charlie Russell has usefull stuff on his 'blog':

    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    and he also made this contribution:

    http://download.microsoft.com/downl..._XP_Professional_x64_Edition_Right_for_Me.doc

    Charlie wrote:

    - - -

    Title is "Is Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Right for Me?" and the goal
    is to provide real, prescriptive, guidance that can help end users
    understand who _should_, and who should NOT, adopt x64 Edition. There's a
    bit of a look ahead to Vista, but it's mostly focused on what is the reality
    right now. And I got a lot of license from the x64 team at MS to be pretty
    frank. I'd strongly suggest that if you have questions about installing x64,
    or buying a new PC with x64 on it, that you read this whitepaper first.

    - - -

    This should be the perfect place to start.

    Regards, Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, May 20, 2006

  3. Thanks. Though Charlie Russell was a painter. Charlie Russel, however, is a
    geek and a writer. ;)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 20, 2006
  4. Sorry, sorry, sorry - put the blame on my miniature keyboard, the keys
    doesn't stick but they sometimes are reacting nervously to my prefered
    'repeat configuration' - or, simply blame my preferences. Names are like
    faces, they have a personal look, and I notice such things - moreover, I
    distinctly remember the first time I became aware of your presence here,
    there was a tune on the radio, something about: "the russel in the sycamore
    trees", and I found that amusing.

    Perhaps this is one of those instances when I should have kept silent, the
    times you feel a need to bite off your tongue, but that's just the way I am,
    I can't keep silent - no offence Charlie.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, May 20, 2006
  5. Oh, it's OK. I was just teasing a bit. I should be used to it, after all -
    since it's a very common mistake.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 20, 2006
  6. Thank-you very much, Tony and Charlie. The white paper answered many
    questions.

    Rex Brittain

    =?Utf-8?B?cmFicml0dGFpbg==?=, Jun 6, 2006
  7. Great, glad to help.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64