Windows XP Professional 64Bit Edition installation soon degrades a

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by umwhat, Jun 19, 2008.

  1. umwhat

    umwhat Guest

    ....crashes.
    My every attempts to run 64 bit XP fail with a crash. The longest time I
    have had the os running is about 3 months. I think I can maintain a computer
    reasonably well.
    Now I want to do a course in computing, a good step for me you may say
    eh...so I only need XP Home Edition to have Microsoft Office Professional
    2003(the course requirement office software).
    I would like to have a backup software and I do have and can operate a
    backup from Neros BackItUp version 1.2.0.65(in the Nero version 6.6.1.15
    which is the last version of the version 6 software) but my experience of
    backups is to operate the software and understand using XP Professional
    Backup.
    I would like to have XP Pro to backup to DVDs(more than one).
    Nero is oldish now and I can not really afford an expensive Ghost.
    I can dual boot XP Pro and I think, install the Backup inot XP Home form
    the Home cd and run backups somehow from them...or use the Nero software.
    I know Nero can back up to a number of CDs or DVDs but XP Pro Backup can or
    can not back up to a number of CDs or DVDs .
    I also have Farstones Virtual Drive pro and can make images of files, this
    is a thought at this moment...I am not sure if I can backupa very large
    image, more than 4.7GB.
    Can anyone suggest a good choice to make regarding these options because I
    don't want to spend any more money to do this.
    The alternatives to taking advice will be to experiment.
    I start the course , maybe in 4 weeks or after, so I guess I have some time
    to experiment anyway.

    ....hese are just some thoughts I have had...
    --
    ....scribble...scribble...scribble...
    umwhat, Jun 19, 2008