    I would appreciate your help.
    Thanks
    Sunny

    Sunny, Jul 20, 2004

  2. Sunny

    Thor Guest

    "Sunny" <> wrote in message
    news:cdjamt$...
    > 1) When I try to shut the computer the following message pormpts up:
    >
    > "WtoolsA.exe - DLL initialization failed"
    >
    > Why does this happen and how to solve this problem?
    >
    > 2) Can anyone suggest if something goes wrong with the computer, and say I
    > am unable to get to Windows XP or access any of my files. Is there a way
    > where I can restore the system without having to reinstall all the

    programs
    > and gain my personal files back? Basically in a quick way.
    >
    > I would appreciate your help.
    > Thanks
    > Sunny

    You have spyware known as "wintools". Do not be fooled by the name. This is
    frequently one of the more difficult to remove. Here are some removal
    instructions found on the web, and I have used successfully to remove
    Wintools.

    -----------
    How do I Remove WinTools?

    Although there are many different methods across the web to remove this
    parasite, here is the most reliable way of doing this.

    1) While online, download the popular HiJackThis program for
    Spywareinfo.com. You may want to read through the HiJackThis tutorial as
    well.

    2) Reboot your computer into Safe Mode, you may want to also Turn off System
    Restore in Windows XP/ME as well to remove any backups of the files you are
    about to delete.

    3) Remove the Startup Entries in the Registry

    a.. Click on Start, Run, Type REGEDIT and Click OK

    b.. Click the pluses(+) next to the following items
    a.. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    b.. Software
    c.. Microsoft
    d.. Windows
    e.. CurrentVersion
    f.. Run

    c.. Right-Click on the file WinTools and click DELETE

    d.. Click the pluses(+) next to the following items
    a.. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    b.. Software
    c.. Microsoft
    d.. Windows
    e.. CurrentVersion
    f.. RunServices

    e.. Right-Click on the file WinTools and click DELETE

    f.. Close REGEDIT
    3) Run HiJackThis (while in Safe Mode) and Delete any entries relating to
    WinTools including

    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {87766247-311C-43B4-8499-3D5FEC94A183}-
    C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\WinTools\WToolsB.dll
    O2 - BHO: (no name) - {63B78BC1-A711-4D46-AD2F-C581AC420D41} -
    C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\WINTOOLS\BTIEIN.DLL

    Although the following entries should have been deleted in Step 2, delete
    these entries if they still exist.

    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinTools] C:\Program Files\Common
    files\WinTools\WToolsA.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [WinTools] C:\Program Files\Common
    files\WinTools\WToolsA.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinTools] C:\Program Files\Common
    files\WinTools\WToolsS.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [WinTools] C:\Program Files\Common
    files\WinTools\WToolsS.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinTools] C:\Program Files\Common files\WinTools\WSup.exe
    O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [WinTools] C:\Program Files\Common
    files\WinTools\WSup.exe

    3) Delete the WinTools folder and all associated files

    a.. Open My Computer, Drive C, Program Files, Common Files
    b.. Right-click on the WinTools folder (if it exists) and Delete it

    Thor, Jul 20, 2004