    This happens even when I attempt to boot in safe mode. I have tried
    reinstalling but got the same results. Anybody have any ideas, since
    Microsoft's support is useless?

    =?Utf-8?B?TGl0dGxlV2luZw==?=, Apr 19, 2006

  2. Have unplugged any external devices such as USB printers, joysticks, card
    readers are unplugged (if you do have these attached)? Could you post your
    system specs also? It will also help us here in the ng diagnose the problem
    you are experiencing. You just might need a BIOS update too.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Apr 19, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TGl0dGxlV2luZw==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    There should be an option on the F8 screen not to reboot. That should give
    you the error message, then you can post back or look up in knowledge base
    or Google it.

    John Barnes, Apr 19, 2006
  4. Which specs would you like? It is an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard with
    AMD Athlon 64 +3800 CPU. 2x 240GB Maxtor SATA HDD in RAID 0 using onboard
    NVRAID Controller. 1GB OCZ RAM, 400MHz I think.
    I was going to update my BIOS before I tried to install WinXP 64. I found
    an updated BIOS but I was having trouble finding the correct version of the
    flash tool for it.
    The error is the 7b error that I keep reading about, but the drivers
    should be fine. I am using the most recent nVidia drivers that are properly
    decorated.

    =?Utf-8?B?TGl0dGxlV2luZw==?=, Apr 20, 2006
  5. Burtraskkutaren, Apr 20, 2006
  6. Those are the specs I was referring to. Its possible that it could be the
    SATA drivers, are they the most recent? If not, try obtaining the latest
    drivers and reattempt the installation by reruning setup. I somehow believe
    its the BIOS though thats causing the problem.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Apr 20, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TGl0dGxlV2luZw==?=

    Derek Guest

    > Which specs would you like? It is an Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Motherboard

    with
    > AMD Athlon 64 +3800 CPU. 2x 240GB Maxtor SATA HDD in RAID 0 using onboard
    > NVRAID Controller. 1GB OCZ RAM, 400MHz I think.

    There are 2 RAID controllers on that board, try disabling the one that
    you're not using in the BIOS.

    Also doublcheck that its using the correct hard drive to start up after you
    do this.

    I've got an ASUS A8V Deluxe, also with DUAL RAID and I have disabled the
    other RAID chipset in the BIOS.

    Good luck.

    Derek, Apr 21, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?TGl0dGxlV2luZw==?=

    Philistine Guest

    I have successfully intsalled Win XP 64 on a similar system using the
    Version 6.67 drivers on a floppy. However, my attempts to update those
    drivers to 6.69 have failed miserably both through the normal update process
    and by trying a fresh install using a floppy. Using the floppy method gets
    me exactly the same result as you. There is an interesting page here that
    shows why this happens and how it can be done by intergrating them on an
    automated intstall.
    http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php...5b&showtopic=50659&st=0&p=352404&#entry352404

    Hope this helps.

    Philistine, May 7, 2006