    Not normally a problem (using Nero & CD Clone), but need to recover
    this option asap.
    How to ?

    Lukagain, Dec 27, 2003

  2. Lukagain

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Lukagain" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi folks,
    > I seem to have mislaid the XP Pro option to "write to CD".
    > Not normally a problem (using Nero & CD Clone), but need to recover
    > this option asap.
    > How to ?

    Depends on which part of the process you've lost. Right click on a file,
    then "send to" in the menu - to the cd writer drive. Should work.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Dec 27, 2003

  3. Lukagain

    Lukagain Guest

    On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:22:58 +1300, "E. Scrooge"
    < (remove eye)> wrote:

    >"Lukagain" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi folks,
    >> I seem to have mislaid the XP Pro option to "write to CD".
    >> Not normally a problem (using Nero & CD Clone), but need to recover
    >> this option asap.
    >> How to ?

    >Depends on which part of the process you've lost. Right click on a file,
    >then "send to" in the menu - to the cd writer drive. Should work.
    >
    >E. Scrooge

    The "write to cd" option isn't available in "send to" either. Stopped
    using this software >6 months ago, and now can't seem to "see" the
    option anywhere....

    Has Bill singled me out for this dastardly treatment, or not ?

    Lukagain, Dec 27, 2003
  4. Lukagain

    Lebowski Guest

    "E. Scrooge" < (remove eye)> wrote in message

    > "Lukagain" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi folks,
    > > I seem to have mislaid the XP Pro option to "write to CD".
    > > Not normally a problem (using Nero & CD Clone), but need to recover
    > > this option asap.
    > > How to ?

    > Depends on which part of the process you've lost. Right click on a file,
    > then "send to" in the menu - to the cd writer drive. Should work.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    If you have it disabled, go to Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Computer
    Management\Services and Applications\Services - and look for "IMAPI
    Cd-burning COM Service". Right click on it, choose "properties" and enable
    it.

    Lebowski, Dec 27, 2003
  5. Lukagain

    Lukagain Guest

    On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:45:17 +1300, "Lebowski"
    <> wrote:

    >"E. Scrooge" < (remove eye)> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Lukagain" <> wrote in message
    >> > Hi folks,
    >> > I seem to have mislaid the XP Pro option to "write to CD".
    >> > Not normally a problem (using Nero & CD Clone), but need to recover
    >> > this option asap.
    >> > How to ?

    >> Depends on which part of the process you've lost. Right click on a file,
    >> then "send to" in the menu - to the cd writer drive. Should work.
    >>
    >> E. Scrooge
    >>

    >If you have it disabled, go to Control Panel\Administrative Tools\Computer
    >Management\Services and Applications\Services - and look for "IMAPI
    >Cd-burning COM Service". Right click on it, choose "properties" and enable
    >it.

    Excellent response, Scooge. Sadly, hasn't fixed the prob. Followed
    your instructions & agree they should have worked. Now reckon that
    something else is prohibiting it being effectively enable. CDClone,
    Nero, or somesuch.

    Thanks again though........

    L.

    Lukagain, Dec 27, 2003
  6. Lukagain

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Lukagain" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:45:17 +1300, "Lebowski"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >"E. Scrooge" < (remove eye)> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "Lukagain" <> wrote in message

    > >> Depends on which part of the process you've lost. Right click on a

    file,
    > >> then "send to" in the menu - to the cd writer drive. Should work.
    > >>
    > >> E. Scrooge
    > >>

    > >If you have it disabled, go to Control Panel\Administrative

    Tools\Computer
    > >Management\Services and Applications\Services - and look for "IMAPI
    > >Cd-burning COM Service". Right click on it, choose "properties" and

    enable
    > >it.
    > >

    > Excellent response, Scooge. Sadly, hasn't fixed the prob. Followed
    > your instructions & agree they should have worked. Now reckon that
    > something else is prohibiting it being effectively enable. CDClone,
    > Nero, or somesuch.
    >
    > Thanks again though........
    >

    > L.

    That was someone else you replied to.
    If copying and pasting a file straight to your CD drive and later clicking
    on the drive to write the file doesn't even work. You should try some
    combinations of searches on Google about your problem. Perhaps you've
    enabled some copy protection thing within windows. Any good search results
    should put on track. Even a search for support on your XP program about
    writing files to CD might have the solution if you haven't already tried it.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Dec 27, 2003
  7. Lukagain

    ac Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Hi folks,
    > I seem to have mislaid the XP Pro option to "write to CD".
    > Not normally a problem (using Nero & CD Clone), but need to recover
    > this option asap.
    > How to ?

    Try finding the drive under My Computer and get the properties of it ->
    Goto the Recording tab and check that out.

    ac, Dec 27, 2003
  8. Lukagain

    Lukagain Guest

    On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 12:13:59 +1300, ac <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >> Hi folks,
    >> I seem to have mislaid the XP Pro option to "write to CD".
    >> Not normally a problem (using Nero & CD Clone), but need to recover
    >> this option asap.
    >> How to ?

    >Try finding the drive under My Computer and get the properties of it ->
    >Goto the Recording tab and check that out.

    Sorted ..!!!

    Many Thanks ..!!

    L.

    Lukagain, Dec 27, 2003