    Adapter. I've reformatted several pc's and each time there was a listing
    for Network Adapter. I'm at a loss as what to do. Has this happened to
    anyone else? Any help would be appreciated.

    Lil Jon, Jul 15, 2005

  2. Lil Jon

    Vanguard Guest

    "Lil Jon" <> wrote in message
    news:l1GBe.2165$...
    >I just reformatted my computer and everything seemed to go fine. Got
    >the video & sound back to normal. However, whenever I go into Device
    >Manager so I can update the Network Adapter drivers I see no listing
    >for Network Adapter. I've reformatted several pc's and each time there
    >was a listing for Network Adapter. I'm at a loss as what to do. Has
    >this happened to anyone else? Any help would be appreciated.

    If it is an onboard device, you'll have to install the chipset drivers
    for your motherboard so those devices can be identified.

    Vanguard, Jul 15, 2005

  3. Lil Jon

    FML Guest

    Lil Jon wrote:
    > I just reformatted my computer and everything seemed to go fine. Got the
    > video & sound back to normal. However, whenever I go into Device Manager
    > so I can update the Network Adapter drivers I see no listing for Network
    > Adapter. I've reformatted several pc's and each time there was a listing
    > for Network Adapter. I'm at a loss as what to do. Has this happened to
    > anyone else? Any help would be appreciated.

    A bit more info might be helpful!

    What OS? What kind of NIC? a PCI card? built onto the mobo? USB? Wireless?

    FML, Jul 15, 2005
  4. Lil Jon

    10_4 Guest

    "Lil Jon" <> wrote in message
    >I just reformatted my computer and everything seemed to go fine. Got the
    >video & sound back to normal. However, whenever I go into Device Manager so
    >I can update the Network Adapter drivers I see no listing for Network
    >Adapter. I've reformatted several pc's and each time there was a listing
    >for Network Adapter. I'm at a loss as what to do. Has this happened to
    >anyone else? Any help would be appreciated.

    Look under OTHER in Device Manager and see if anything is there. If so, it
    may be labeled as "unknown" or some other term such as "pci card". Will
    need to run update driver on that and all should go well. If it is not in
    there then you have another problem with PnP on that device!

    Good luck!

    10_4, Jul 18, 2005