    remove a program, I forget which. Where do I go to correct this
    problem, if I even can? Thanks.

    , Mar 6, 2005

  2. wrote:
    > I'm trying to resolve an issue with a program, and I'm supposed to
    > download and install a Windows Installer cleanup utility. I downloaded
    > it from the Microsoft Site, but when i try to install it I get the
    > following message:
    >
    > "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this
    > installation."
    >
    > This is my own personal computer, I built it, and I'm the only one who
    > uses it. I thought that last year when I put the machine together, and
    > installed Windows XP Pro, I chose whatever options that made me the
    > system administrator. But now this message. I've never seen it before
    > this past week. I also saw it a few days ago trying to install or
    > remove a program, I forget which. Where do I go to correct this
    > problem, if I even can? Thanks.

    A couple of weeks ago you were posting about installing System Works and
    having problems with the install and if you tried to uninstall you
    weren't allowed. Did you ever get that issue resolved? I'd bet there's a
    connection here.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Mar 6, 2005

  3. Harrison Guest

    On Sat, 05 Mar 2005 20:14:35 -0500, wrote:

    >I'm trying to resolve an issue with a program, and I'm supposed to
    >download and install a Windows Installer cleanup utility. I downloaded
    >it from the Microsoft Site, but when i try to install it I get the
    >following message:
    >
    >"The system administrator has set policies to prevent this
    >installation."
    >
    >This is my own personal computer, I built it, and I'm the only one who
    >uses it. I thought that last year when I put the machine together, and
    >installed Windows XP Pro, I chose whatever options that made me the
    >system administrator. But now this message. I've never seen it before
    >this past week. I also saw it a few days ago trying to install or
    >remove a program, I forget which. Where do I go to correct this
    >problem, if I even can? Thanks.

    Possibly something here...
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322963

    Harrison, Mar 6, 2005
  4. Guest

    Thanks. I never did get System Works 2005 installed. So I did a system
    restore to a point prior to even dealing with the new System Works,
    and just renewed the subscription to System Works 2003.

    > wrote:
    >> I'm trying to resolve an issue with a program, and I'm supposed to
    >> download and install a Windows Installer cleanup utility. I downloaded
    >> it from the Microsoft Site, but when i try to install it I get the
    >> following message:
    >>
    >> "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this
    >> installation."
    >>
    >> This is my own personal computer, I built it, and I'm the only one who
    >> uses it. I thought that last year when I put the machine together, and
    >> installed Windows XP Pro, I chose whatever options that made me the
    >> system administrator. But now this message. I've never seen it before
    >> this past week. I also saw it a few days ago trying to install or
    >> remove a program, I forget which. Where do I go to correct this
    >> problem, if I even can? Thanks.

    >A couple of weeks ago you were posting about installing System Works and
    >having problems with the install and if you tried to uninstall you
    >weren't allowed. Did you ever get that issue resolved? I'd bet there's a
    >connection here.

    , Mar 6, 2005
  5. Guest

    Thanks. I checked that link you provided and it seems to deal with
    versions 2000 and 2001 of NAV. I was trying to replace version 2003
    with 2005. So what I read there doesn't appear applicable.

  6. johnyreb Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > I'm trying to resolve an issue with a program, and I'm supposed to
    > download and install a Windows Installer cleanup utility. I downloaded
    > it from the Microsoft Site, but when i try to install it I get the
    > following message:
    >
    > "The system administrator has set policies to prevent this
    > installation."
    >
    > This is my own personal computer, I built it, and I'm the only one who
    > uses it. I thought that last year when I put the machine together, and
    > installed Windows XP Pro, I chose whatever options that made me the
    > system administrator. But now this message. I've never seen it before
    > this past week. I also saw it a few days ago trying to install or
    > remove a program, I forget which. Where do I go to correct this
    > problem, if I even can? Thanks.

    start, run, type in gpedit.msc, go through the policies until you find the
    offending one and change it, that is assuming you really are using an admin
    account.

    johnyreb, Mar 6, 2005