    Is it worth upgrading to SP2 for Windows XP Pro I been holing it off on my
    PC.

    Thanks

    Digs, Oct 15, 2004

  2. Digs

    John Guest

    Digs wrote:
    > Is it worth upgrading to SP2 for Windows XP Pro I been holing it off on my
    > PC.
    >
    > Thanks

    Yes it is worth it.
    Just check out any issues with your current config first.
    --
    www.easy-tek.com - FREE Forums & Friendly Advice for the Beginner &
    Intermediate Computer User.

    John, Oct 15, 2004

  3. Digs

    Nowhere Guest

    NO!! It's great without it.....

    ---

    Nowhere, Oct 15, 2004
  4. Digs

    Jamco Guest

    no, definately don't put it on, then when your computer gets messed up due
    to all the security holes in it, you can pay me to come fix it!!

    Jamco, Oct 15, 2004
  5. Digs

    Secret S Guest

    It's been working fine on my PC for months. No problems, and if you do have
    any problems then it's usually easy to correct by updating most software.

    **SS**

    "Digs" <> wrote in message
    > Is it worth upgrading to SP2 for Windows XP Pro I been holing it off on my
    > PC.
    >
    > Thanks

    ---

    Secret S, Oct 15, 2004
  6. Digs

    JohnnyCanuck Guest

    Update the programs first. No really big problems so far.

    JohnnyCanuck, Oct 16, 2004
  7. Digs

    Gilda Scott Guest

    Gilda Scott, Oct 16, 2004
  8. Digs

    Barry Guest

    I really like SP2 a lot, haven't had any trouble out of it at all, I really
    think microsoft did a good job this time, as far as security, The only
    people that hate SP2 are the hackers, just when you install it, take your
    time, and let it finish installing, most of the people that have problems
    are the ones that does a rush job, They are always in a rush, A lot of them
    will say it quit installing and it didn't do nothing for 30 minutes so I
    turned it off, some computers are faster than others, so be patient, there
    is one thing that is guaranteed, If you don't let it finish installing you
    will have problems, It's funny, but the people that have all the problems
    never mention that it never said "INSTALL COMPLETE"

    Barry, Oct 16, 2004
  9. PigSkin the Evil Twin, Oct 16, 2004
  10. Digs

    Mike T. Guest

    "Digs" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > Is it worth upgrading to SP2 for Windows XP Pro I been holing it off on my
    > PC.
    >
    > Thanks

    I installed it on both my machines (one Home, one Pro), and have had no
    problems. All I needed to do was update Nero, but I knew that going in. Just
    make sure everything is backed up (which is good advice regardless of what
    you're doing).

    --
    Mike T
    Spiffy sig currently under development.