    on the comp and th coomp allowd me to submit the product key but it is now
    microsolve that is telling me it is not authentic even though it is and
    should be
    AJ Royer, Nov 30, 2007

  2. AJ Royer

    XS11E Guest

    AJ Royer <AJ > wrote:

    > I had another comp i bought and the product key worked fine but
    > now my computer fried and i installed the memory into a crappy
    > comp[uter i had so i have a computer and installed windows xp
    > because al it had before was windows 98 but now it is telling me
    > my product key is not authentic and well it is i ghet this after i
    > installundtes and what have before thati was not getting told it
    > was un authentic but anyway i want to be able to d everything i
    > was able to do before and it is not allowing me because of this
    > issue i am on the comp and th coomp allowd me to submit the
    > product key but it is now microsolve that is telling me it is not
    > authentic even though it is and should be

    Using a spell checker along with punctuation and capitalization will
    make your post much easier to read.

    You need to use the telephone option to activate the software.

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    http://improve-usenet.org
    XS11E, Nov 30, 2007

  3. If your copy of Windows XP was included with the computer that was fried,
    you can NOT use it on another computer. Copies that come with a computer are
    OEM copies and tied to the hardware they were purchased with.

    If this is a retail copy, then you can move it to a new machine. But you'll
    likely have to use the telephone activation option.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 30, 2007
  4. AJ Royer

    DP Guest

    Could you please state that in the form of a question?

    DP, Dec 1, 2007