    it boots up normally). How do I get rid of this problem ? Do I have to
    reinstall Win Xp again or what is the fix. I am new to this so all help is
    appreciated.

    Dog, Jun 23, 2004

  2. Dog

    Thor Guest

    you need to edit the boot.ini file and remove the reference to the old
    version of windows. Use the MSConfig utility.

    "Dog" <> wrote in message
    > On a new install for my granddaughter running XP Pro on boot up the comp
    > stops half way through the boot up sequence and ask If I want to boot to
    > windows (this gives me C: prompt) or do I want to boot up in Windows XP

    (and

    Thor, Jun 23, 2004

  3. Dog

    Global_Killa Guest

    "Dog" <> wrote in message
    > On a new install for my granddaughter running XP Pro on boot up the comp
    > stops half way through the boot up sequence and ask If I want to boot to
    > windows (this gives me C: prompt) or do I want to boot up in Windows XP

    (and
    > it boots up normally). How do I get rid of this problem ? Do I have to
    > reinstall Win Xp again or what is the fix. I am new to this so all help is
    > appreciated.

    I had a problem with the default boot and I fixed it by doing the following:

    Right click on My Computer -> Properties. This will bring up 'System
    Properties'.
    Click on the 'Advanced' tab, and under 'Startup and Recovery' click
    'Settings'.

    Check the 'Default operating system', click on the down arrow and select the
    correct boot.

    Click OK and OK again. Thats it, all done. Restart the computer and see if
    the probelm is corrected.

    Hope this helps,

    --
    Global_Killa