    --
    Global_Killa

    http://punkthenation.tk
    Global_Killa, May 31, 2004

  2. Global_Killa

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "Global_Killa" <> wrote in message
    news:c9g0lb$ovn$...
    > Hey all,
    > I've never tried this, but I've heard that if something goes wrong

    with
    > Win XP and you goto install Windows XP again you can recover Windows

    before
    > installing a new installation.

    Are you referring to a "repair/install" procedure?

    > I've been told that it only installs windows, and leaves all your current
    > files on your hard drive. Is this true? Yes. Has anyone else done this?

    Me among thousands, perhaps even millions of others 'round the globe.

    > Is there any problems that this can cause, and are the programs that were
    > installed, still installed after recovered? No problems caused & no new

    programs installed. However, it doesn't solve EVERY problem you might
    encounter in which case you'd need to do a re-format and then a complete
    re-installation from the ground up.

    Mark Mandell, May 31, 2004