    WIndows Explorer? Or change the default? I do have Tweaking Toolbox, if
    that's what's needed. Also I have IrfanView, PicaView, Adobe Bridge,
    etc, but sometimes it's quickest to use Explorer to view images.

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Mar 20, 2006

  2. Mrs Beeble Brock

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:
    > Is it possible to show images larger than the default thumbnail size in
    > WIndows Explorer? Or change the default? I do have Tweaking Toolbox, if
    > that's what's needed. Also I have IrfanView, PicaView, Adobe Bridge,
    > etc, but sometimes it's quickest to use Explorer to view images.

    Use TweakUI (part of PowerToys)to set thumbnail size and quality.

    I find that Windows Explorer takes too long to display thumbnails, and I
    almost always find it easier to use Picasa, as then I don't have to
    navigate between folders while looking for images. Quick, too.

    -=rjh=-, Mar 20, 2006

  3. >
    > Use TweakUI (part of PowerToys)to set thumbnail size and quality.
    >Thanks for the suggestion. I've downloaded the file tweakui.exe from

    here:
    but when I try to run it, whether in admin or my own profile, I get the
    error message: ...file is not a valid win32 application.

    Any idea what might be preventing it from running?

    Mrs BeebleBrock, Mar 21, 2006
  4. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <XjKTf.7509$>,
    says...

    > > Use TweakUI (part of PowerToys)to set thumbnail size and quality.
    > >Thanks for the suggestion. I've downloaded the file tweakui.exe from

    > here:
    > but when I try to run it, whether in admin or my own profile, I get the
    > error message: ...file is not a valid win32 application.
    >
    > Any idea what might be preventing it from running?

    Download it again.

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Mar 21, 2006
  5. Dave Doe wrote:
    > In article <XjKTf.7509$>,
    > says...
    >
    >>>Use TweakUI (part of PowerToys)to set thumbnail size and quality.
    >>>Thanks for the suggestion. I've downloaded the file tweakui.exe from

    >>here:
    >>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
    >>but when I try to run it, whether in admin or my own profile, I get the
    >>error message: ...file is not a valid win32 application.
    >>
    >>Any idea what might be preventing it from running?

    > Download it again.

    I have, twice.

    Mrs BeebleBrock, Mar 22, 2006
  6. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <zS1Uf.7780$>,
    says...
    > Dave Doe wrote:
    > > In article <XjKTf.7509$>,
    > > says...

    > >>here:
    > >>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx
    > >>but when I try to run it, whether in admin or my own profile, I get the
    > >>error message: ...file is not a valid win32 application.
    > >>
    > >>Any idea what might be preventing it from running?

    > > Download it again.
    > >

    > I have, twice.

    Try deleting your browser cache - and then download.

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Mar 22, 2006
  7. Dave Doe wrote:
    > In article <zS1Uf.7780$>,
    > says...
    >
    >>Dave Doe wrote:
    >>
    >>>In article <XjKTf.7509$>,
    >>> says...

    >>>Download it again.
    >>>

    >>I have, twice.

    > Try deleting your browser cache - and then download.

    Thanks! Ok - got it downloaded and now what? how do you enlarge the
    thumbails?

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Mar 23, 2006
  8. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Phstpok Guest

    Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:
    > Dave Doe wrote:
    >
    >> In article <zS1Uf.7780$>,
    >> says...

    >>> I have, twice.

    >> Try deleting your browser cache - and then download.
    >>

    > Thanks! Ok - got it downloaded and now what? how do you enlarge the
    > thumbails?

    Run tweakui
    Expand Explorer
    Thumbnails

    Phstpok, Mar 23, 2006

  9. > Run tweakui
    > Expand Explorer
    > Thumbnails

    Yes, but run it from where? After installation there is nowhere to run
    it from and Explorer's thumbnails are the same size they always were?

    Mrs Beeble Brock, Mar 23, 2006
  10. Mrs Beeble Brock

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:

    >> Run tweakui
    >> Expand Explorer
    >> Thumbnails

    > Yes, but run it from where? After installation there is nowhere to run
    > it from and Explorer's thumbnails are the same size they always were?

    Tweakui appears in the Control Panel. There's some documentation that
    comes with the file you downloaded (just a quick description of the
    tools and what they do, IIRC), or maybe even on the MS website.

    -=rjh=-, Mar 23, 2006
  11. -=rjh=- wrote:
    > Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:
    >

    >>> Run tweakui
    >>> Expand Explorer
    >>> Thumbnails

    >> Yes, but run it from where? After installation there is nowhere to run
    >> it from and Explorer's thumbnails are the same size they always were?

    > Tweakui appears in the Control Panel. There's some documentation that
    > comes with the file you downloaded (just a quick description of the
    > tools and what they do, IIRC), or maybe even on the MS website.

    Can't find it in Control Panel but under Start/Programs there is a new
    option: Powertoys for Windows XP. Under that are two icons: one is the
    readme file (basically the same as on the website) and the .exe file
    with an incomplete icon. Clicking the icon results in "windows cannot
    find tweakui.exe" and then the option to find it manually. A manual
    search doesn't find it.

    Mrs BeebleBrock, Mar 23, 2006
  12. Mrs Beeble Brock

    Phstpok Guest

    Mrs BeebleBrock wrote:
    > -=rjh=- wrote:

    >>> Yes, but run it from where? After installation there is nowhere to
    >>> run it from and Explorer's thumbnails are the same size they always
    >>> were?

    >> Tweakui appears in the Control Panel. There's some documentation that
    >> comes with the file you downloaded (just a quick description of the
    >> tools and what they do, IIRC), or maybe even on the MS website.

    > Can't find it in Control Panel but under Start/Programs there is a new
    > option: Powertoys for Windows XP. Under that are two icons: one is the
    > readme file (basically the same as on the website) and the .exe file
    > with an incomplete icon. Clicking the icon results in "windows cannot
    > find tweakui.exe" and then the option to find it manually. A manual
    > search doesn't find it.

    Check for .inf files in the install direcory. Right click > install

    Phstpok, Mar 23, 2006