    wav file but it was nowhere to be found .
    any ideas ?

    , Jan 26, 2004

  2. 696 Guest

    it must have been embedded into a web page, they normally play without
    having any media player open, but as yours was, then it played it and showed
    it

    696, Jan 26, 2004

  3. Alan Walker Guest

    696 wrote:
    > it must have been embedded into a web page, they normally play without
    > having any media player open, but as yours was, then it played it and
    > showed it
    >

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Yesterday while browsing the internet I heard a digital alarm clock
    >> going off and found it was coming from my computer speakers.
    >> It lasted for about 15 seconds and then faded away.
    >> I had windows media player open at the time but Internet explorer was
    >> set not to play sounds.
    >> I searched in the browser cache and on the hard disk for the culprit
    >> wav file but it was nowhere to be found .
    >> any ideas ?

    Might have been a different format, midi maybe ?

    --

    Alan

    Alan Walker, Jan 26, 2004
  4. Alan P Guest

    Whatever it was, it wasn't a virus

    Alan P, Jan 26, 2004
  5. Mimic Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Yesterday while browsing the internet I heard a digital alarm clock
    > going off and found it was coming from my computer speakers.
    > It lasted for about 15 seconds and then faded away.
    > I had windows media player open at the time but Internet explorer was
    > set not to play sounds.
    > I searched in the browser cache and on the hard disk for the culprit
    > wav file but it was nowhere to be found .
    > any ideas ?

    Prolly a flash banner ad, freeserve are cunts for it

    --
    Mimic

    ZGF0YWZsZXhAY2FubmFiaXNtYWlsLmNvbQ== ( www.hidemyemail.net )
    and those that dont."

    Mimic, Jan 26, 2004
  6. Nick Guest

    wrote:
    > Yesterday while browsing the internet I heard a digital alarm clock
    > going off and found it was coming from my computer speakers.
    > It lasted for about 15 seconds and then faded away.
    > I had windows media player open at the time but Internet explorer was
    > set not to play sounds.
    > I searched in the browser cache and on the hard disk for the culprit
    > wav file but it was nowhere to be found .
    > any ideas ?

    Do you happen to have xp plus DME installed? If so there is a alarm
    clock that comes with it.

    Nick, Jan 27, 2004