    it are we really in BIG trouble ???

    Cheers

    Dee
    Deebrief, Sep 5, 2005

  2. Deebrief

    Jim Guest

    Jim, Sep 5, 2005

  3. Deebrief

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Deebrief wrote:
    > If a member of the family has changed the password and now cannot
    > remember it are we really in BIG trouble ???
    >

    > Cheers
    >

    > Dee

    Not a big problem. Boot the computer into Safe Mode (bang away at the F8 key
    while it's starting up - you have to catch it right after the POST
    memory/system checks, and right before Windows really gets started loading.
    Then select Safe Mode from the menu.)

    When Safe Mode is running, go to Control Panel and select User Accounts.
    Click on change an account, select the account you need the password removed
    from, and you should get the option to remove the password. AND a nice note
    from MS about making a password recovery floppy disk, I think. You might
    want to pay attention to that...

    Then, I'd suggest if you got that far, you password protect your
    administrator account. And make that password strong, but memorable.
    Toolman Tim, Sep 5, 2005
  4. Deebrief

    Guest

    On Mon, 5 Sep 2005, Deebrief wrote:

    > Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 15:34:17 GMT
    > From: Deebrief <>
    > Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    > Subject: Windows XP Password changed
    >
    > If a member of the family has changed the password and now cannot remember
    > it are we really in BIG trouble ???
    >

    > Cheers
    >

    > Dee

    Possibly...
    Have you tried logging in as Administrator / no password?

    --
    The only easy day was yesterday.
    , Sep 5, 2005
  5. "Deebrief" <> wrote in message
    > If a member of the family has changed the password and now cannot remember
    > it are we really in BIG trouble ???

    Unless the BIOS is password locked it is always possible to change the admin
    password.

    ss.
    Synapse Syndrome, Sep 5, 2005
  6. Deebrief

    John Holmes Guest

    Synapse Syndrome blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "Deebrief" <> wrote in message
    >> If a member of the family has changed the password and now cannot
    >> remember it are we really in BIG trouble ???
    >>

    > Unless the BIOS is password locked it is always possible to change the
    > admin password.
    >
    > ss.

    You are, truly, the most fucking useless moron on usenet. It's easier,
    and more safe to change a bios password rather then a user account's
    password on an NT based system, you utter fool.

    --
    Your mother was an odious oddity who farted constantly in a vat of brown
    sauce.
    John Holmes, Sep 5, 2005
  7. "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    > Synapse Syndrome blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >

    >> "Deebrief" <> wrote in message
    >>> If a member of the family has changed the password and now cannot
    >>> remember it are we really in BIG trouble ???
    >>>

    >> Unless the BIOS is password locked it is always possible to change the
    >> admin password.
    >>
    >> ss.
    >>

    > You are, truly, the most fucking useless moron on usenet. It's easier,
    > and more safe to change a bios password rather then a user account's
    > password on an NT based system, you utter fool.

    Ah, K-Boy, you really are so dumb. "It's easier, and more safe to change a
    bios password" is it? Why would you want to do that anyway, unless you
    wanted to change the admin password?

    It is *so* easy to change the admin password on any NT based system, and I
    have succeeded many times on corporate and university networks. The *only*
    times that I haven't managed it is when the BIOS is locked and the CD-ROM
    drive is taken out of the boot sequence. The only real defence against
    changing passwords that companies really have is to lock the cases to
    prevent BIOS resets and to password lock the BIOS. I have not personally
    got any of these backdoor BIOS passwords to work, but then, I haven't really
    tried that hard with those.

    ss.
    Synapse Syndrome, Sep 6, 2005
  8. Deebrief

    Unk Guest

    On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 23:23:37 +0200 (CEST), John Holmes <> wrote:

    >Synapse Syndrome blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >

    >> "Deebrief" <> wrote in message
    >>> If a member of the family has changed the password and now cannot
    >>> remember it are we really in BIG trouble ???
    >>>

    >> Unless the BIOS is password locked it is always possible to change the
    >> admin password.
    >>
    >> ss.
    >>

    >You are, truly, the most fucking useless moron on usenet. It's easier,
    >and more safe to change a bios password rather then a user account's
    >password on an NT based system, you utter fool.

    Read about this program: ERD Commander 2005
    <quote> Includes the Locksmith utility to reset lost Administrator passwords </quote>
    In actuality, it resets any NT based password; user or administrator.
    http://www.winternals.com/Products/AdministratorsPak/

    It's not the only program able to do this, just the easiest.
    Unk, Sep 6, 2005
  9. Synapse Syndrome wrote the following on 9/5/2005 9:13 AM:
    > "Deebrief" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>If a member of the family has changed the password and now cannot remember
    >>it are we really in BIG trouble ???
    >>

    > Unless the BIOS is password locked it is always possible to change the admin
    > password.
    >
    > ss.

    Wow. You should refrain from offering advice if you know nothing about
    the subject.

    --
    The only easy day was yesterday.
    ITSO azionista, Sep 6, 2005
  10. "ITSO azionista" <.100.teraflop> wrote in message
    > Synapse Syndrome wrote the following on 9/5/2005 9:13 AM:
    >> "Deebrief" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>If a member of the family has changed the password and now cannot
    >>>remember it are we really in BIG trouble ???
    >>>

    >> Unless the BIOS is password locked it is always possible to change the
    >> admin password.
    >>
    >> ss.

    > Wow. You should refrain from offering advice if you know nothing about the
    > subject.

    I bet I know a hell of a lot more than you do, from a quick glance at your
    posts. If you don't know how to reset passwords I suggest you shut the ****
    up.

    ss.
    Synapse Syndrome, Sep 6, 2005
  11. "Unk" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 5 Sep 2005 23:23:37 +0200 (CEST), John Holmes
    > <> wrote:
    >>
    >>You are, truly, the most fucking useless moron on usenet. It's easier,
    >>and more safe to change a bios password rather then a user account's
    >>password on an NT based system, you utter fool.

    > Read about this program: ERD Commander 2005
    > <quote> Includes the Locksmith utility to reset lost Administrator
    > passwords </quote>
    > In actuality, it resets any NT based password; user or administrator.
    > http://www.winternals.com/Products/AdministratorsPak/
    >
    > It's not the only program able to do this, just the easiest.

    Yes, that's the one I've been using for the last couple of years

    http://groups.google.co.uk/group/al...author:syndrome&rnum=4&hl=en#119f62cf7c131da4

    ss.
    Synapse Syndrome, Sep 6, 2005
  12. Synapse Syndrome wrote the following on 9/5/2005 6:41 PM:
    > "ITSO azionista" <.100.teraflop> wrote in message
    >
    >>Synapse Syndrome wrote the following on 9/5/2005 9:13 AM:
    >>
    >>>"Deebrief" <> wrote in message

    >>>Unless the BIOS is password locked it is always possible to change the
    >>>admin password.
    >>>
    >>>ss.

    >>Wow. You should refrain from offering advice if you know nothing about the
    >>subject.
    >>

    > I bet I know a hell of a lot more than you do

    <snip>

    That statement alone is evidence of your ignorance. A quick glance at
    your posts indicates you're an ego-maniacal, insecure, techno-wannabe
    who's most intelligent repartee involves adolescent name calling and
    profanity.

    Most of your posts simply include links to other sources; usually boxed
    products or documentation. Is this on what you base your incredible
    opinion of yourself?

    Here is just one example of your "expertise:"

    +~+~+~+~+

    1. Synapse Syndrome Aug 20, 9:24 am show options
    Newsgroups: alt.graphics.photoshop, comp.graphics.apps.photoshop
    From: "Synapse Syndrome" <> - Find
    messages by this author
    Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 16:24:18 +0000 (UTC)
    Subject: LCDs are SHIT

    If you are using Photoshop for photo manipulation with an LCD screen, you're
    a dick!

    ss.

    2. redTed Aug 20, 10:01 am show options
    Newsgroups: alt.graphics.photoshop, comp.graphics.apps.photoshop
    From: "redTed" <> - Find messages by this author
    Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:01:21 GMT
    Subject: Re: LCDs are SHIT

    > If you are using Photoshop for photo manipulation with an LCD screen,
    > you're
    > a dick!

    LOL. Very enlightening.
    Any other pearls of wisdom ?
    Here's one.
    Manipulating photo's with anything is a waste of time and you're a knob.
    How's that ?

    3. Synapse Syndrome Aug 20, 10:31 am show options
    Newsgroups: alt.graphics.photoshop, comp.graphics.apps.photoshop
    From: "Synapse Syndrome" <> - Find
    messages by this author
    Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:31:39 +0000 (UTC)

    "redTed" <> wrote in message

    >> If you are using Photoshop for photo manipulation with an LCD screen,
    >> you're
    >> a dick!

    > LOL. Very enlightening.
    > Any other pearls of wisdom ?
    > Here's one.
    > Manipulating photo's with anything is a waste of time and you're a knob.
    > How's that ?

    Read and learn
    http://www.photoshopforphotographers.com/

    the v5.5 edition was my first photoshop book.

    ss.

    4. redTed Aug 20, 11:20 am show options
    Newsgroups: alt.graphics.photoshop, comp.graphics.apps.photoshop
    From: "redTed" <> - Find messages by this author
    Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 18:20:28 GMT

    >>> If you are using Photoshop for photo manipulation with an LCD screen,
    >>> you're
    >>> a dick!

    >> LOL. Very enlightening.
    >> Any other pearls of wisdom ?
    >> Here's one.
    >> Manipulating photo's with anything is a waste of time and you're a knob.
    >> How's that ?

    > Read and learn
    > http://www.photoshopforphotogr aphers.com/>
    > the v5.5 edition was my first photoshop book.

    ...and now you're just a sad old tosser shouting insults on newsgroups.
    Quite an achievement.

    +~+~+~+~+

    From which academic venue did you earn your Doctorate?

    --
    The only easy day was yesterday.
    ITSO azionista, Sep 6, 2005
  13. ITSO azionista wrote:
> [...]

    > > How's that ?

    > Read and learn
    > http://www.photoshopforphotographers.com/
    >
    > the v5.5 edition was my first photoshop book.
    >
    > ss.
    >

    > 4. redTed Aug 20, 11:20 am show options
    > Newsgroups: alt.graphics.photoshop, comp.graphics.apps.photoshop
    > From: "redTed" <> - Find messages by this author
    > Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 18:20:28 GMT
    > Subject: Re: LCDs are SHIT

    > >> LOL. Very enlightening.
    > >> Any other pearls of wisdom ?
    > >> Here's one.
    > >> Manipulating photo's with anything is a waste of time and you're a knob.
    > >> How's that ?

    > > Read and learn
    > > http://www.photoshopforphotogr aphers.com/>
    > > the v5.5 edition was my first photoshop book.

    > ..and now you're just a sad old tosser shouting insults on newsgroups.

    Hey, even though the OP mentioned nothing about BIOS password or
    locking, SS had to mention it - otherwise, how would we know that his
    is *the* consumate knower of all things?

    Your sig looks very familiar. Are you in the military?
    cyberwasteland, Sep 6, 2005
  14. "ITSO azionista" <.100.teraflop> wrote in message
> [...]

    > > How's that ?

    > Read and learn
    > http://www.photoshopforphotographers.com/
    >
    > the v5.5 edition was my first photoshop book.
    >
    > ss.
    >

    > 4. redTed Aug 20, 11:20 am show options
    > Newsgroups: alt.graphics.photoshop, comp.graphics.apps.photoshop
    > From: "redTed" <> - Find messages by this author
    > Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 18:20:28 GMT
    > Subject: Re: LCDs are SHIT

    > >> LOL. Very enlightening.
    > >> Any other pearls of wisdom ?
    > >> Here's one.
    > >> Manipulating photo's with anything is a waste of time and you're a
    > >> knob.
    > >> How's that ?

    > > Read and learn
    > > http://www.photoshopforphotogr aphers.com/>
    > > the v5.5 edition was my first photoshop book.

    > ..and now you're just a sad old tosser shouting insults on newsgroups.

    Oh goodie! I've ben looking for a retarded punchbag ever since Miss
    Perpicacia Tick bought a mac...

    ss.
    Synapse Syndrome, Sep 6, 2005
  15. Synapse Syndrome wrote the following on 9/6/2005 2:14 AM:
> [...]

    >>>How's that ?

    >>Read and learn
    >>http://www.photoshopforphotographers.com/
    >>
    >>the v5.5 edition was my first photoshop book.
    >>
    >>ss.
    >>

    >>4. redTed Aug 20, 11:20 am show options
    >>Newsgroups: alt.graphics.photoshop, comp.graphics.apps.photoshop
    >>From: "redTed" <> - Find messages by this author
    >>Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 18:20:28 GMT
    >>Subject: Re: LCDs are SHIT

    >>>Read and learn
    >>>http://www.photoshopforphotogr aphers.com/>
    >>>the v5.5 edition was my first photoshop book.

    >>..and now you're just a sad old tosser shouting insults on newsgroups.
    >>Quite an achievement.
    >>
    >>+~+~+~+~+
    >>
    >>From which academic venue did you earn your Doctorate?
    >>

    > Oh goodie! I've ben looking for a retarded punchbag ever since Miss

    Another "comprehensive rebuttal" from the genius. You only put forth
    half an effort - no profanity, only adolescent name calling.
    Regardless, thank you for proving my point.

    --
    The only easy day was yesterday.
    ITSO azionista, Sep 6, 2005
  16. ITSO azionista wrote:
    > Synapse Syndrome wrote the following on 9/6/2005 2:14 AM:
    > > "ITSO azionista" <.100.teraflop> wrote in message

    > >><snip>
    > >>
    > >>That statement alone is evidence of your ignorance. A quick glance at your
    > >>posts indicates you're an ego-maniacal, insecure, techno-wannabe who's
    > >>most intelligent repartee involves adolescent name calling and profanity.
    > >>
    > >>Most of your posts simply include links to other sources; usually boxed
    > >>products or documentation. Is this on what you base your incredible
    > >>opinion of yourself?
    > >>
    > >>Here is just one example of your "expertise:"
    > >>
    > >>+~+~+~+~+
    > >>
    > >>1. Synapse Syndrome Aug 20, 9:24 am show options
    > >>Newsgroups: alt.graphics.photoshop, comp.graphics.apps.photoshop
    > >>From: "Synapse Syndrome" <> - Find
    > >>messages by this author
    > >>Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 16:24:18 +0000 (UTC)
    > >>Subject: LCDs are SHIT
    > >>
    > >>If you are using Photoshop for photo manipulation with an LCD screen,
    > >>you're
    > >>a dick!
    > >>
    > >>ss.
    > >>

    > >>2. redTed Aug 20, 10:01 am show options
    > >>Newsgroups: alt.graphics.photoshop, comp.graphics.apps.photoshop
    > >>From: "redTed" <> - Find messages by this author
    > >>Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:01:21 GMT
    > >>Subject: Re: LCDs are SHIT

    > >>LOL. Very enlightening.
    > >>Any other pearls of wisdom ?
    > >>Here's one.
    > >>Manipulating photo's with anything is a waste of time and you're a knob.
    > >>How's that ?
    > >>

    > >>3. Synapse Syndrome Aug 20, 10:31 am show options
    > >>Newsgroups: alt.graphics.photoshop, comp.graphics.apps.photoshop
    > >>From: "Synapse Syndrome" <> - Find
    > >>messages by this author
    > >>Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 17:31:39 +0000 (UTC)
    > >>Subject: Re: LCDs are SHIT
    > >>
    > >>"redTed" <> wrote in message

    > >>Read and learn
    > >>http://www.photoshopforphotographers.com/
    > >>
    > >>the v5.5 edition was my first photoshop book.
    > >>
    > >>ss.
    > >>

    > >>4. redTed Aug 20, 11:20 am show options
    > >>Newsgroups: alt.graphics.photoshop, comp.graphics.apps.photoshop
    > >>From: "redTed" <> - Find messages by this author
    > >>Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 18:20:28 GMT
    > >>Subject: Re: LCDs are SHIT

    > >>..and now you're just a sad old tosser shouting insults on newsgroups.
    > >>Quite an achievement.
    > >>
    > >>+~+~+~+~+
    > >>
    > >>From which academic venue did you earn your Doctorate?
    > >>

    > > Oh goodie! I've ben looking for a retarded punchbag ever since Miss
    > > Perpicacia Tick bought a mac...
    > >
    > > ss.
    > >

    > Another "comprehensive rebuttal" from the genius. You only put forth
    > half an effort - no profanity, only adolescent name calling.
    > Regardless, thank you for proving my point.
    >
    > --
    > The only easy day was yesterday.

    qu'est-ce que tu as ? You were expecting an intelligent debate with
    Synlapse Simpleton? Doubtful this would happen. Engaging in an actual
    conversation might expose the fact he is a poser, yes?
    Jericho Swarm, Sep 6, 2005
  17. Jericho Swarm wrote the following on 9/6/2005 8:29 AM:
    > ITSO azionista wrote:
    >
    >>Synapse Syndrome wrote the following on 9/6/2005 2:14 AM:
    >>
    >>>"ITSO azionista" <.100.teraflop> wrote in message

    >>>Oh goodie! I've ben looking for a retarded punchbag ever since Miss
    >>>Perpicacia Tick bought a mac...
    >>>
    >>>ss.
    >>>

    >>Another "comprehensive rebuttal" from the genius. You only put forth
    >>half an effort - no profanity, only adolescent name calling.
    >>Regardless, thank you for proving my point.
    >>
    >>--
    >>The only easy day was yesterday.

    > qu'est-ce que tu as ? You were expecting an intelligent debate with
    > Synlapse Simpleton? Doubtful this would happen. Engaging in an actual
    > conversation might expose the fact he is a poser, yes?

    LOL!
    Bonjour Jericho,
    Je suppose que oui... c'est ce qu'on dit.

    --
    The only easy day was yesterday.
    ITSO azionista, Sep 6, 2005
  18. ITSO azionista wrote:

    .... and I think that rather belongs to alt.flame or PM.
    Please.

    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.12-mm2[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]
    Walter Mautner, Sep 6, 2005
  19. John Holmes wrote:

    > Synapse Syndrome blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >> Unless the BIOS is password locked it is always possible to change the
    >> admin password.
    >>

    > You are, truly, the most fucking useless moron on usenet. It's easier,

    Get a life outside this group. Quick.
    No reason to insult anyone.

    > and more safe to change a bios password rather then a user account's
    > password on an NT based system, you utter fool.

    I have used the linux based password reset cd and locksmith on WinPE often
    enough, and - well it needs the bios password to enable booting from cd -
    never failed so far.
    Followup set to alt.flame, and
    *plonk*
    Linux woodpecker.homnet.at 2.6.12-mm2[LinuxCounter#295241,ICQ#4918962]
    Walter Mautner, Sep 6, 2005
  20. Deebrief

    Betty Guest

    Walter Mautner blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > John Holmes wrote:
    >
    >> Synapse Syndrome blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    >>> Unless the BIOS is password locked it is always possible to change
    >>> the admin password.
    >>>

    >> You are, truly, the most fucking useless moron on usenet. It's
    >> easier,

    > Get a life outside this group. Quick.
    > No reason to insult anyone.
    >
    >> and more safe to change a bios password rather then a user account's
    >> password on an NT based system, you utter fool.
    >>

    > I have used the linux based password reset cd and locksmith on WinPE
    > often enough, and - well it needs the bios password to enable booting
    > from cd - never failed so far.
    > Followup set to alt.flame, and
    > *plonk*

    Get fucked, Walter. You are a moron. Trust me.

    --
    Your mother was an ungracious spammer who used to do unmentionable things
    to chickens on a large yacht in the Mediterranean.
    Betty, Sep 7, 2005