    has ADSL). The Windows help doesn't seem to help much either.

    Anyone know of a dummies guide on the net that could help me?

    Thanks
    Simon, Aug 21, 2004

  2. Simon

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    If you installed Windows XPSP2 you might give it a try through Windows.
    It up to the Wireless manufacturer to make sure that his hardware is fully
    compatible with Windows.
    Wireless - Basic: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Simon" <> wrote in message
    > I have an XP Home PC and an XP Pro Laptop, am new to wireless networking

    but
    > am unable to connect the two.
    > I keep getting windows showing that the connection is there, and the

    signal
    > strength is strong but can I share files or connect tot he internet (the

    PC

    Jack, Aug 21, 2004

  3. Simon

    Simon Guest

    Thanks Jack,

    After lots of playing around I can finally share files across the two
    computers.

    However, Can I get my internet working on the laptop? I used to have this
    working a while back and it was just a fluke then that I managed to get it
    working. I have run the wizards over and over again (sometimes loosing my
    file sharing) but seem unable to get the internet connection.

    Can you or anyone help please?

    Thanks
    Simon

    Simon, Aug 21, 2004