Windows XP now looks like Windows98?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Scout Lady, Jun 27, 2005.

  1. Scout Lady

    Scout Lady Guest

    I ran a program called CleanUp! and when I rebooted the computer looks like
    Windows 98 rather than XP. I can't figure out how to change it back. Can
    anyone help me?
    Scout Lady, Jun 27, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Scout Lady

    John Holmes Guest

    "Scout Lady" <> blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I ran a program called CleanUp! and when I rebooted the computer looks
    > like Windows 98 rather than XP. I can't figure out how to change it
    > back. Can anyone help me?
    >
    >
    >


    System Restore.

    --
    Your mother was an emancipated secretary who used to hang around in disused
    mines.
    John Holmes, Jun 27, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Scout Lady

    Patch Guest

    Do a "System Restore".



    "Scout Lady" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I ran a program called CleanUp! and when I rebooted the computer looks like
    >Windows 98 rather than XP. I can't figure out how to change it back. Can
    >anyone help me?
    >
    Patch, Jun 27, 2005
    #3
  4. Scout Lady

    Scrote Guest

    Scout Lady wrote:
    >> I ran a program called CleanUp! and when I rebooted the computer
    >> looks like Windows 98 rather than XP. I can't figure out how to
    >> change it back. Can anyone help me?


    Right click on desktop>Properties>Appearance>dropdown >Windows & Buttons
    Choose Windows XP style
    --
    Brigands demand your money or your life; women require both.
    -- Samuel Butler
    Scrote, Jun 27, 2005
    #4
  5. A slight case of overkill don't you think?
    The likely cause is that CleanUp setup your display to resemble what
    microsoft have dubbed 'classic windows' or to the rest of us, who speak
    English and not Billgatish that's 98. It's easy to change, though most
    people prefer the 98 look as it's alot less graphicly intense and so saves a
    great deal of memory and processing power on pointless aesthetics.

    Right click on the desktop, select properties from the menu
    In the display properties box, select the 'Themes' tab and from the dropdown
    menu, select 'Windows XP' then click Ok. Windows will now look like XP,
    complete with hideous green button.


    "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > "Scout Lady" <> blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> I ran a program called CleanUp! and when I rebooted the computer looks
    >> like Windows 98 rather than XP. I can't figure out how to change it
    >> back. Can anyone help me?
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >
    > System Restore.
    >
    > --
    > Your mother was an emancipated secretary who used to hang around in
    > disused
    > mines.
    >
    Robert Withall, Jun 27, 2005
    #5
  6. Scout Lady

    John Holmes Guest

    "Robert Withall" <> blabbered in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > A slight case of overkill don't you think?
    > The likely cause is that CleanUp setup your display to resemble what
    > microsoft have dubbed 'classic windows' or to the rest of us, who
    > speak English and not Billgatish that's 98. It's easy to change,
    > though most people prefer the 98 look as it's alot less graphicly
    > intense and so saves a great deal of memory and processing power on
    > pointless aesthetics.
    >
    > Right click on the desktop, select properties from the menu
    > In the display properties box, select the 'Themes' tab and from the
    > dropdown menu, select 'Windows XP' then click Ok. Windows will now
    > look like XP, complete with hideous green button.
    >
    >


    Why are you telling me, you top-poasting ****?

    --
    Your mother was an unenthusiastic compulsive liar who copulated with
    anyone and anything at the local flea market.
    John Holmes, Jun 27, 2005
    #6
  7. Scout Lady

    John Holmes Guest

    "Patch" <> blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Do a "System Restore".
    >
    >
    >
    > "Scout Lady" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >>I ran a program called CleanUp! and when I rebooted the computer looks
    >>like Windows 98 rather than XP. I can't figure out how to change it
    >>back. Can anyone help me?
    >>

    >
    >


    Uh-oh. Robert Withall will soon answer your reply with: "A slight case of
    overkill don't you think?" as the fucktard replied to me.


    --
    Your mother was a puny time waster who ran a successful dating agency in
    a morgue.
    John Holmes, Jun 27, 2005
    #7
  8. Because you're the moron telling people to run un-nessercery system
    restores. Would you like me to elaborate further, or will you be crawling
    back into your hole now?

    "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > "Robert Withall" <> blabbered in
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >> A slight case of overkill don't you think?
    >> The likely cause is that CleanUp setup your display to resemble what
    >> microsoft have dubbed 'classic windows' or to the rest of us, who
    >> speak English and not Billgatish that's 98. It's easy to change,
    >> though most people prefer the 98 look as it's alot less graphicly
    >> intense and so saves a great deal of memory and processing power on
    >> pointless aesthetics.
    >>
    >> Right click on the desktop, select properties from the menu
    >> In the display properties box, select the 'Themes' tab and from the
    >> dropdown menu, select 'Windows XP' then click Ok. Windows will now
    >> look like XP, complete with hideous green button.
    >>
    >>

    >
    > Why are you telling me, you top-poasting ****?
    >
    > --
    > Your mother was an unenthusiastic compulsive liar who copulated with
    > anyone and anything at the local flea market.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Robert Withall, Jun 27, 2005
    #8
  9. Scout Lady

    John Holmes Guest

    "Robert Withall" <> blabbered in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Because you're the moron telling people to run un-nessercery system
    > restores. Would you like me to elaborate further, or will you be
    > crawling back into your hole now?
    >
    > "John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >> "Robert Withall" <> blabbered in
    >> 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>> A slight case of overkill don't you think?
    >>> The likely cause is that CleanUp setup your display to resemble what
    >>> microsoft have dubbed 'classic windows' or to the rest of us, who
    >>> speak English and not Billgatish that's 98. It's easy to change,
    >>> though most people prefer the 98 look as it's alot less graphicly
    >>> intense and so saves a great deal of memory and processing power on
    >>> pointless aesthetics.
    >>>
    >>> Right click on the desktop, select properties from the menu
    >>> In the display properties box, select the 'Themes' tab and from the
    >>> dropdown menu, select 'Windows XP' then click Ok. Windows will now
    >>> look like XP, complete with hideous green button.
    >>>
    >>>

    >>
    >> Why are you telling me, you top-poasting ****?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Your mother was an unenthusiastic compulsive liar who copulated with
    >> anyone and anything at the local flea market.
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>

    >
    >
    >


    You're still a top-poasting ****, and my advise was right. Un-nessercery
    system restores, eh?
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA! You creepy earful of synthetic dog urine.

    --
    Your mother was a deeply disturbed fast-food restaurant worker who
    achieved orgasm in a variety of open prisons.
    John Holmes, Jun 27, 2005
    #9
  10. Scout Lady

    Aquila Deus Guest

    Scout Lady wrote:
    > I ran a program called CleanUp! and when I rebooted the computer looks like
    > Windows 98 rather than XP. I can't figure out how to change it back. Can
    > anyone help me?


    Yes!

    Your XPee is mis-configured, the real desktop should look like mine:
    http://www.aquila-deus.no-ip.org/mactheme2.png
    Aquila Deus, Jun 27, 2005
    #10
  11. Scout Lady

    Scout Lady Guest

    "Scout Lady" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I ran a program called CleanUp! and when I rebooted the computer looks like
    >Windows 98 rather than XP. I can't figure out how to change it back. Can
    >anyone help me?

    Okay, I tried a system restore and it didn't work. There was no way to
    change it from the control panel because the only style to chose from was
    windows classic.

    I found that I am not the only one who ran into this problem using CleanUp!
    http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Windows_XP_style_option_missing-t26063.html
    I tried the instructions in the above link and it wouldn't work so I then
    tried the instructions at
    http://castlecops.com/p565225-XP_appearance_missing_from_display_options.html
    and everything is back to normal even after rebooting.

    Thanks anyway and maybe this will help someone else.
    Scout Lady, Jun 27, 2005
    #11
  12. John Holmes wannabe wrote:
    > "Patch" <> blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >
    >>Do a "System Restore".
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>"Scout Lady" <> wrote in message
    >>news:...
    >>
    >>>I ran a program called CleanUp! and when I rebooted the computer looks
    >>>like Windows 98 rather than XP. I can't figure out how to change it
    >>>back. Can anyone help me?
    >>>

    >>
    >>

    >
    > Uh-oh. Robert Withall will soon answer your reply with: "A slight case of
    > overkill don't you think?" as the fucktard replied to me.
    >
    >

    Who was the fucktard eh?

    --
    Virus Removal Instructions: http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/
    You can find my e-mail address on my pages.
    What's in a Name?, Jun 27, 2005
    #12
  13. John Holmes wannabe wrote:
    > "Robert Withall" <> blabbered in
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >
    >>Because you're the moron telling people to run un-nessercery system
    >>restores. Would you like me to elaborate further, or will you be
    >>crawling back into your hole now?
    >>
    >>"John Holmes" <> wrote in message
    >>news:...
    >>
    >>>"Robert Withall" <> blabbered in
    >>>24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>A slight case of overkill don't you think?
    >>>>The likely cause is that CleanUp setup your display to resemble what
    >>>>microsoft have dubbed 'classic windows' or to the rest of us, who
    >>>>speak English and not Billgatish that's 98. It's easy to change,
    >>>>though most people prefer the 98 look as it's alot less graphicly
    >>>>intense and so saves a great deal of memory and processing power on
    >>>>pointless aesthetics.
    >>>>
    >>>>Right click on the desktop, select properties from the menu
    >>>>In the display properties box, select the 'Themes' tab and from the
    >>>>dropdown menu, select 'Windows XP' then click Ok. Windows will now
    >>>>look like XP, complete with hideous green button.
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>Why are you telling me, you top-poasting ****?
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>Your mother was an unenthusiastic compulsive liar who copulated with
    >>>anyone and anything at the local flea market.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>

    >>
    >>
    >>

    >
    > You're still a top-poasting ****, and my advise was right. Un-nessercery
    > system restores, eh?
    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA! You creepy earful of synthetic dog urine.
    >


    You were wrong-will you fess up to it?
    --
    Virus Removal Instructions: http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/
    You can find my e-mail address on my pages.
    What's in a Name?, Jun 27, 2005
    #13
  14. Scout Lady

    John Holmes Guest

    What's in a Name? <> blabbered in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > John Holmes wannabe wrote:
    >> "Patch" <> blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Do a "System Restore".
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>"Scout Lady" <> wrote in message
    >>>news:...
    >>>
    >>>>I ran a program called CleanUp! and when I rebooted the computer
    >>>>looks like Windows 98 rather than XP. I can't figure out how to
    >>>>change it back. Can anyone help me?
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>

    >>
    >> Uh-oh. Robert Withall will soon answer your reply with: "A slight
    >> case of overkill don't you think?" as the fucktard replied to me.
    >>
    >>

    > Who was the fucktard eh?
    >


    You, you clumsy truckload of polluted elephant plaque.


    --
    Your mother was a lustful hamster who was so incompetent she had to be
    kept in pawn shops.
    John Holmes, Jun 27, 2005
    #14
  15. John Holmes wannabe wrote:
    > What's in a Name? <> blabbered in
    > 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >
    >
    >>John Holmes wannabe wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Patch" <> blabbered in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>Do a "System Restore".
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>"Scout Lady" <> wrote in message
    >>>>news:...
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>>I ran a program called CleanUp! and when I rebooted the computer
    >>>>>looks like Windows 98 rather than XP. I can't figure out how to
    >>>>>change it back. Can anyone help me?
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>Uh-oh. Robert Withall will soon answer your reply with: "A slight
    >>>case of overkill don't you think?" as the fucktard replied to me.
    >>>
    >>>

    >>
    >>Who was the fucktard eh?

    >
    >
    > You, you clumsy truckload of polluted elephant plaque.
    >


    Is that the best you can do?
    Who was wrong faggot boy?
    --
    Virus Removal Instructions: http://home.neo.rr.com/manna4u/
    You can find my e-mail address on my pages.
    What's in a Name?, Jun 27, 2005
    #15
  16. Scout Lady

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:10:09 -0400, Scout Lady wrote:

    > I ran a program called CleanUp! and when I rebooted the computer looks
    > like Windows 98 rather than XP. I can't figure out how to change it back.
    > Can anyone help me?


    Change your theme back to Windows XP ?
    Meat Plow, Jun 29, 2005
    #16
  17. Scout Lady

    ol' coot Guest

    Control panel/taskbar start menu.

    --
    ---------------------------------------------------
    BOCH
    _____________________
    "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    > On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 09:10:09 -0400, Scout Lady wrote:
    >
    >> I ran a program called CleanUp! and when I rebooted the computer looks
    >> like Windows 98 rather than XP. I can't figure out how to change it back.
    >> Can anyone help me?

    >
    > Change your theme back to Windows XP ?
    ol' coot, Jul 1, 2005
    #17
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Pat
    Replies:
    13
    Views:
    779
  2. Replies:
    4
    Views:
    846
    gunner
    Feb 11, 2007
  3. Wayne Wastier
    Replies:
    15
    Views:
    487
    =?Utf-8?B?Y3JhaWdsYXJyeQ==?=
    Nov 30, 2005
  4. E. Scrooge
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    518
    colinco
    Sep 26, 2006
  5. Matty F
    Replies:
    11
    Views:
    586
    Jonno
    Sep 27, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page