    whole process all over again. i tried every possible solution in the F8
    button menu but nothing is working, it shows the same box over and over again.

    any one know how to get my lap top to function properly again?

    =?Utf-8?B?anVzdCB3YW50IHNvbWUgaGVscA==?=, Sep 30, 2006

  2. You got infected again because you didn't use a firewall. Or the program
    you chose deliberately disabled your firewall.

    At this point in time, you may want to think about clean installing... ie
    formatting the hard drive, starting again and remembering to enable your
    firewall BEFORE you even think about connecting the PC to the internet.
    www.coribright.com/Windows

    "just want some help" <just want some > wrote
    in message news:D...

    Cari \(MS-MVP\), Sep 30, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?anVzdCB3YW50IHNvbWUgaGVscA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Sage advice. Both firewall and A/V should be active and current. If you
    have lots of files on the 'lost' system, you can install a USB drive and
    copy the old system. Do the restore, and copy only known safe data over
    from the copy. Music and picture files should be no problem.

    John Barnes, Sep 30, 2006
  4. If you are using XP Pro SP2, keep in mind that it is 32 bits. This is the
    XP Pro x64 (64 bits) newsgroup so you may find a much wider audience at
    microsoft.public.windowsxp.general.

    Colin Barnhorst, Oct 2, 2006
  5. the XP wont even bring me into the profile log in thing anymore. all it does
    is say "endpoint format invalid" after it dus its little loading thing. and
    when you press "okay" the computer restarts and the process starts all over
    again. when i press the F8 button it gives me planty of options but it does
    say the specific words "system restore" it has something like that and when i
    press it and it says that drive C has been restored or something like that,
    itll take me to the windows XP loading thing and when it finishes itll say
    the sam e shyt again. "endpoint format invalid" and yes my antivirus is up to
    date

    =?Utf-8?B?anVzdCB3YW50IHNvbWUgaGVscA==?=, Oct 3, 2006
  6. possible root kit sounds likely in 32 bit system. If so you are in for some
    interesting pc courses and trial by error of ridding certain ones.... but
    once u press "f8 to agree to license agreement" u should get options of
    installing FRESH COPY OF WINDOWS XP ==THE ONE U WANT if boot sector not
    affected.

    =?Utf-8?B?TmFzY2FyLUZhbmF0aWM=?=, Oct 11, 2006