    2003 Server 3 network? I have changed teh workgroup to be the domain name
    but it still does not seem to see the network.

    Glen Distefano
    =?Utf-8?B?R2xlbiBKLiBEaXN0ZWZhbm8=?=, Jun 6, 2005

  2. Only Windows XP Professional is designed to join a domain.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Carey Frisch [MVP], Jun 6, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?R2xlbiBKLiBEaXN0ZWZhbm8=?=

    Malke Guest

    Glen J. Distefano wrote:

    > Is it possible to attached a windows xp home edition workstation to a
    > Windows
    > 2003 Server 3 network? I have changed teh workgroup to be the domain
    > name but it still does not seem to see the network.
    >
    > Glen Distefano

    As Carey said, XP Home can't join a domain. However, you can use domain
    resources with it. Here is a link to help with that:

    Windows XP Home : Accessing data on a Domain Server -
    http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/wxphdoms.htm

    Also, don't post your real unmunged email address on Usenet and
    messageboards. It will be harvested by spambots. Here's a link
    explaining that:

    http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm

    Malke
    --