Windows XP Home Will not shutdown but restarts instead

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bob Bob, Nov 4, 2007.

  1. Bob Bob

    Bob Bob Guest

    Hi
    This customers' problems started a while back and, when I checked and
    did what Microsoft recommends the problem remains.
    I noted that there was a yellow warning flag on the Storage Drive for
    the Epson photo printer and I figured that was the culprit. Well, no
    more yellow flag but the thing still does not power off.
    naturally there is and was not a particular incident that happened
    about this time so I am here asking for some assistance.

    We did an Fdisk and reinstall a few weeks ago for another issue and
    the system powered off normally for a while, but then the odd
    situation started.

    I appreciate any and all notes back.
    Thanks
    Bob

    Bob Bob, Nov 4, 2007

  2. Bob Bob

    Guest

    Bob Bob <> wrote:

    >Hi
    >This customers' problems started a while back and, when I checked and
    >did what Microsoft recommends the problem remains.
    >I noted that there was a yellow warning flag on the Storage Drive for
    >the Epson photo printer and I figured that was the culprit. Well, no
    >more yellow flag but the thing still does not power off.
    >naturally there is and was not a particular incident that happened
    >about this time so I am here asking for some assistance.
    >
    >We did an Fdisk and reinstall a few weeks ago for another issue and
    >the system powered off normally for a while, but then the odd
    >situation started.

    This has been asked a lot lately (update problem?) with no real
    answer.

    Basics, go into your BIOS and disable any wake on settings,

    Google: XP Will not shutdown but restarts : http://tinyurl.com/3a5afu
    --

    Loyal to the end
    http://i3.tinypic.com/62n4i02.jpg