    the Microsoft support area, I see lots of things regarding Vista and
    Windows 7, but very little about XP's capability (or non-capability)
    for this feature.

    Dave, Dec 1, 2010

  2. Dave

    Mike Easter Guest

    Dave wrote:
    X-HTTP-UserAgent:.. Windows NT 6.1

    > Does Windows XP Home have a back-up and restore feature?

    You are posting here with Win7. Exactly what or whose problem are you
    trying to solve?

    There are a world of free and not-free backup/restore for XP.

    > Looking in the Microsoft support area, I see lots of things regarding
    > Vista and Windows 7, but very little about XP's capability (or
    > non-capability) for this feature.

    For a person who is actually working in XP, they can use the XP help to
    see all kinds of helpful information about using the XP Backup Wizard.

    The XP Backup wizard can be accessed from those help areas or from the
    Accessories/ System Tools/ Backup route.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 1, 2010

  3. Dave

    Mike Easter Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > Dave wrote:

    >> Does Windows XP Home have a back-up and restore feature?

    > The XP Backup wizard can be accessed from those help areas or from the
    > Accessories/ System Tools/ Backup route.

    Backup 'comes with' XP Pro. For XP Home, you need to install it from the
    install CD

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/bott_03july14.mspx
    If you use Windows XP Professional, the Windows Backup utility
    (Ntbackup.exe) should be ready for use. If you use Windows XP Home
    Edition, you'll need to follow these steps to install the utility: ...

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q302894 How to
    install the Backup utility from the CD-ROM in Windows XP Home Edition

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 1, 2010