    PC is 1 GHz/256MB/20MB - full format before starting.

    Suggestions??

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Feb 3, 2004

  2. Jimmy Dean

    °Mike° Guest

    Have you checked the hardware compatibility list at Microsoft?

    Have you performed a thorough (surface) scandisk, to check
    for potential hard drive problems?

    On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 12:33:28 +1100, in
    <>
    Jimmy Dean scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Feb 3, 2004

  3. Jimmy Dean

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    Re: Windows XP HOME SP1a installation stalls... <== SOLVED

    On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 12:33:28 +1100, Jimmy Dean <>
    wrote:

    >Have a legit copy of above am trying to setup for a friend.
    >
    >Boots from CD OK, does the initial operations of loading various files
    >(takes few minutes), then stops at "Setup is starting Windows" blue
    >screen. Just will not proceed. Have tried another XP CD which I know
    >works, but the same result - stalls.
    >
    >PC is 1 GHz/256MB/20MB - full format before starting.
    >
    >Suggestions??
    >

    >jd

    I had to upgrade the BIOS !!!

    Who said there's nothing new under the sun?

    thanks for all who contributed

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Feb 4, 2004