    Are there any pitfalls or well known problems that I may encounter when
    running this sort of small home network?

    Thanks in advance
    =?Utf-8?B?VGFuamlhbg==?=, Sep 16, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VGFuamlhbg==?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    The content of the following links will provide you with a basic tutorial
    about Sharing Internet and using Wireless; it is short and to the point.

    I wrote the three first pages ages ago. You might ignore the prices, and the
    specific choice of hardware, stick with the principles they are still the
    same.

    Basic Options for Internet Connection Sharing -

    Hubs, routers, switches, DSL, LANs, WANs...? -

    This might help in Network installation -
    http://www.ezlan.net/Installing.html

    Wireless Principles - http://www.anandtech.com/guides/viewfaq.html?i=122

    The whole thing should look like this:
    http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg

    Wireless hardware: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Tanjian" <> wrote in message
    > As a new person to the concept of wireless networking, I want to know

    whether
    > I can network my laptop running XP Home Edition with my new shiny
    > entertainment centre PC running MCE with the normal wireless network

    hardware.

    Jack, Sep 17, 2005