    Thanks.

    Armstrong
    Hong Kong

    Armstrong Wong, Nov 24, 2004

  2. In article <>, "Armstrong Wong"
    <> wrote:
    >Is it possible to connect Windows XP Home-based workstations to Windows XP
    >Pro-based server or Windows 2003 server via TCP/IP?
    >
    >Thanks.
    >
    >Armstrong
    >Hong Kong

    Yes. All versions of Windows can connect to each other using TCP/IP
    to share files and printers.

    XP Home Edition can't join a Windows 2003 server-based domain or log
    into a domain. It can connect to a domain and access domain
    resources. For details, please see these sites:

    Why Windows XP Professional is Best for Domain-Based Networks
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/evaluation/overviews/joindommore.asp

    Windows XP Home : Accessing data on a Domain Server
    http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/wxphdoms.htm

    Windows XP in a Domain Environment
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/evaluation/overviews/xpindomain.asp
    --