    every time I turn my machine on I keep getting this blasted ballon and I
    just don't want to see it.
    If it's in the registry I can cope with that too.

    richard, Jun 25, 2006

  2. richard

    beenthere Guest

    "richard" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Anyone know how to turn these damn things off?
    > Yes I know my wireless lan connection is not connected because I don't
    > want it on damn it!
    > every time I turn my machine on I keep getting this blasted ballon and I
    > just don't want to see it.
    > If it's in the registry I can cope with that too.

    Go have a read here Rich.
    personal-computer-tutor.com/abc4/v33/vic33.htm

    beenthere, Jun 25, 2006

  3. richard

    richard Guest

    "beenthere" <> wrote in message

    > "richard" <> wrote in message
    >> Anyone know how to turn these damn things off?
    >> Yes I know my wireless lan connection is not connected because I don't
    >> want it on damn it!
    >> every time I turn my machine on I keep getting this blasted ballon and I
    >> just don't want to see it.
    >> If it's in the registry I can cope with that too.
    >>

    > Go have a read here Rich.
    > personal-computer-tutor.com/abc4/v33/vic33.htm

    Did the trick. No more pesty balloons show up now.

    richard, Jun 26, 2006
  4. richard wrote:
    > Anyone know how to turn these damn things off?

    <snipped>

    Download Tweak UI:

    The option to disable balloons is under "Taskbar and Startup."

    And you get the bonus of all the other tweaks as well.

    rl
    --
    Rhonda Lea Kirk

    Insisting on perfect safety is for people
    without the balls to live in the real world.
    Mary Shafer Iliff

    Rhonda Lea Kirk, Jun 26, 2006