    unless they 'log off'?

    TIA,
    Crash.

    Crash, Jun 7, 2006

  2. Crash

    XPD Guest

    "Crash" <> wrote in message
    news:e65o1f$945$...
    > Greetings many,
    >
    > In XP home, if user profiles are set up and a user is logged on it appears
    > that they are kicked off (back to the user name selection screen) if a
    > time-out period expires.
    >
    > Is there any way of ensuring that when a user 'logs on' they stay 'logged
    > on' unless they 'log off'?
    >
    > TIA,
    > Crash.

    Sounds like your screensaver is set to "on resume, display welcome screen"

    Right click your desktop, select Properties, Screen Saver. You should work
    out the rest from there :)

    XPD, Jun 7, 2006

  3. Crash

    Crash Guest

    XPD wrote:
    > "Crash" <> wrote in message
    >> Greetings many,
    >>
    >> In XP home, if user profiles are set up and a user is logged on it appears
    >> that they are kicked off (back to the user name selection screen) if a
    >> time-out period expires.
    >>
    >> Is there any way of ensuring that when a user 'logs on' they stay 'logged
    >> on' unless they 'log off'?
    >>
    >> TIA,
    >> Crash.

    > Sounds like your screensaver is set to "on resume, display welcome screen"
    >
    > Right click your desktop, select Properties, Screen Saver. You should work
    > out the rest from there :)

    Bullseye!!!!!

    Many many thanks.

    I would never have thought that a ****** screen-saver setting would cause this.
    Thats the end of screensavers for me.....

    Crash.

    Crash, Jun 7, 2006