    them to CD , then run them on the laptop. With no success.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA
    ron
    Ronald Murray, Dec 18, 2006

  2. Ronald Murray

    Duane Arnold Guest

    "Ronald Murray" <> wrote in message
    news:yjohh.87562$rv4.6670@edtnps90...
    >I reinstalled Win XP on my grandson's Dell Inspiron 1000.
    > The screen is now a small square in the center of the LCD.
    > How do I get the screen back to full screen?
    > There seems to be other problems as well. I can not get online. If I open
    > the device manager , there are some yellow question marks along side Other
    > Devices. The Ethernet controller is in this group along with video driver
    > & two more devices all with the ? along side.
    > I've tried to download some drivers from Dell on this computer & transfer
    > them to CD , then run them on the laptop. With no success.
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA
    > ron

    I suggest you call Dell's Tech support and let them help on the installation
    and setup of drivers that were downloaded from their site or which ones are
    needed to make the computer run as before with the XP O/S, before you did
    the reinstall.
    Duane Arnold, Dec 18, 2006

  3. Hello
    Thank-you for your help.
    I made a huge mistake. It's a Dell 1100 not a 1000.
    Everything is working great.
    ron

    Ronald Murray, Dec 19, 2006