    I am trying to find out why the system freezes when the USB only set is
    attached.

    John Dalberg

    John Dalberg, Jun 16, 2007

  2. John Dalberg

    Plato Guest

    John Dalberg wrote:

    > Windows XP SP2 freezes when it's rebooting and the desktop starts showing.
    > Up to this point I can move the mouse and then the computer freezes. This
    > happens only when I am connected using a USB mouse and keyboard (through a
    > hub). The system reboots fine when there's another set of serial mouse and
    > keyboard attached. At this point there are two sets of mice and keyboards.
    > One USB and one serial.
    >
    > I am trying to find out why the system freezes when the USB only set is
    > attached.

    Using a standard mouse and keyboard is ALWAYS best with any OS.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 16, 2007

  3. John Dalberg

    JANA Guest

    You should not use a USB keyboard and mouse through a USB hub. The system
    cannot see the confirmations for these devices when used through a hub.

    It is actually best to use a standard keyboard for best results, and use a
    USB mouse directly with no hub. I have seen a number of problems with USB
    keyboards. Some applications in some systems will freeze with a USB
    keyboard.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Jun 16, 2007
  4. John Dalberg

    John Dalberg Guest

    Plato <|@|.|> wrote:
    > John Dalberg wrote:
    > >
    > > Windows XP SP2 freezes when it's rebooting and the desktop starts
    > > showing. Up to this point I can move the mouse and then the computer
    > > freezes. This happens only when I am connected using a USB mouse and
    > > keyboard (through a hub). The system reboots fine when there's another
    > > set of serial mouse and keyboard attached. At this point there are two
    > > sets of mice and keyboards. One USB and one serial.
    > >
    > > I am trying to find out why the system freezes when the USB only set is
    > > attached.

    > Using a standard mouse and keyboard is ALWAYS best with any OS.

    To use a multifunction mouse, it needs to be using USB.

    John Dalberg

    John Dalberg, Jun 16, 2007
  5. John Dalberg

    Kraftee Guest

    John Dalberg wrote:
    > Plato <|@|.|> wrote:
    >> John Dalberg wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Windows XP SP2 freezes when it's rebooting and the desktop starts
    >>> showing. Up to this point I can move the mouse and then the
    >>> computer freezes. This happens only when I am connected using a
    >>> USB mouse and keyboard (through a hub). The system reboots fine
    >>> when there's another set of serial mouse and keyboard attached.
    >>> At this point there are two sets of mice and keyboards. One USB
    >>> and one serial.
    >>>
    >>> I am trying to find out why the system freezes when the USB only
    >>> set is attached.

    >> Using a standard mouse and keyboard is ALWAYS best with any OS.

    > To use a multifunction mouse, it needs to be using USB.
    >
    > John Dalberg

    Try taking a good look at the market, there are plenty out there which
    don't have to be USB. Now whether you choose to use USB or not is
    your decision....

    Kraftee, Jun 17, 2007