    wallpaper of my Windows XP workstation, so even when PC is password
    locked, I can see the time from across the room.

    Thank you all in advance.
    John Bartley K7AAY, Nov 8, 2008

  2. John Bartley K7AAY

    why? Guest

    Re: Windows XP, freeware or open souce app sought to put clock in wallpaper

    On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 09:25:30 -0800 (PST), John Bartley K7AAY wrote:

    >Hoping to find a freeware or open souce app which puts a clock in

    Did you try something like,

    www.google.com
    Results 1 - 10 of about 607,000 for
    freeware clock +screensaver
    .. (0.20 seconds)

    how about

    Results 1 - 10 of about 388,000 for
    screensaver clock
    .. (0.47 seconds)

    or maybe

    Results 1 - 10 of about 259,000 for
    freeware clock wallpaper
    .. (0.19 seconds)

    >wallpaper of my Windows XP workstation, so even when PC is password

    Sounds like 2 problems, a clock on the wallpaper is 1 thing, but when
    the screen saver activates you still need to see it, which usually you
    don't.

    >locked, I can see the time from across the room.

    Or pick a clock you want and get a transparent screensaver.

    >Thank you all in advance.

    There are lots of lists of clock wallpapers, screensavers and widgits.
    Have a look for yourself.

    Me
    why?, Nov 8, 2008

    On Nov 8, 9:46 am, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    > Did you try something like,
    > www.google.com
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 607,000 for
    > freeware clock +screensaver
    > . (0.20 seconds)
    >
    > how about
    >
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 388,000 for
    > screensaver clock
    > . (0.47 seconds)
    >
    > or maybe
    >
    > Results 1 - 10 of about 259,000 for
    > freeware clock wallpaper
    > . (0.19 seconds)
    >
    > >wallpaper of my Windows XP workstation, so even when PC is password

    > Sounds like 2 problems, a clock on the wallpaper is 1 thing, but when
    > the screen saver activates you still need to see it, which usually you
    > don't.
    >
    > >locked, I can see the time from across the room.

    > Or pick a clock you want and get a transparent screensaver.
    >
    > >Thank you all in advance.

    > There are lots of lists of clock wallpapers, screensavers and widgits.
    > Have a look for yourself.

    Yes, I did that. However, everything I found after hundreds of links
    were reviewed was either _not_ freeware, did not work in Windows XP,
    or would not actually make a clock visible when I lock the PC. Hence,
    my appeal to the community.
    John Bartley K7AAY, Nov 8, 2008
  4. Re: Windows XP, freeware or open souce app sought to put clock in wallpaper

    Drop clock
    http://scr.sc/products/dropclock/

    The Real Truth MVP, Nov 8, 2008
  5. On Nov 8, 1:18 pm, "The Real Truth MVP" <> wrote:
    > Drop clockhttp://scr.sc/products/dropclock/

    Sorry, not freeware.
    John Bartley K7AAY, Nov 8, 2008
  6. John Bartley K7AAY

    83LowRider Guest

    Re: Windows XP, freeware or open souce app sought to put clock in wallpaper

    "John Bartley K7AAY" wrote
    > > Drop clockhttp://scr.sc/products/dropclock/

    > Sorry, not freeware.

    ______________________________________

    You should check in the group ---> alt.comp.freeware
    83LowRider, Nov 9, 2008
  7. John Bartley K7AAY

    On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 12:27:33 -0800 (PST), John Bartley K7AAY wrote:

    >> On Sat, 8 Nov 2008 09:25:30 -0800 (PST), John Bartley K7AAY wrote:
    >> >Hoping to find a freeware or open souce app which puts a clock in

    >On Nov 8, 9:46 am, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    >> Did you try something like,
    >> www.google.com
    >> Results 1 - 10 of about 607,000 for
    >> freeware clock +screensaver

    <snip>

    >> Sounds like 2 problems, a clock on the wallpaper is 1 thing, but when
    >> the screen saver activates you still need to see it, which usually you
    >> don't.
    >>
    >> >locked, I can see the time from across the room.

    >> Or pick a clock you want and get a transparent screensaver.

    <snip>

    >Yes, I did that. However, everything I found after hundreds of links

    Ah, sometimes it helps to say.

    >were reviewed was either _not_ freeware, did not work in Windows XP,
    >or would not actually make a clock visible when I lock the PC. Hence,
    >my appeal to the community.

    Well then you want a clock, lots of free ones and a transparent
    screensaver. Sounds like you will have to get some schedular / macro app
    launcher and configure it yourself.

    Win 2000 resource kit supplement has a clear screen saver.
    http://www.derkeiler.com/Newsgroups/microsoft.public.win2000.security/2003-05/0379.html

    So either more searching, some effort on your part to put something
    together or pay a little bit. This is what I use at work for monitoring
    systems which need the system status to be visible, also bought 1 copy
    myself.
    http://www.e-motional.com/TScreenLock.htm
    For what it cost, it more then made up for the fact it's available, and
    works without doing it the way you are.

    Me
    why?, Nov 9, 2008
  8. John Bartley K7AAY, Nov 9, 2008
  9. On Nov 9, 2:49 am, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    <snip>
    > So either more searching, some effort on your part to put something
    > together or pay a little bit. This is what I use at work for monitoring
    > systems which need the system status to be visible, also bought 1 copy
    > myself.http://www.e-motional.com/TScreenLock.htm
    > For what it cost, it more then made up for the fact it's available, and
    > works without doing it the way you are.
    >
    > Me

    Workplace requirement that it be demonstrated as freeware or Open
    Source. No payware, not even if I buy it. Corporate policies....
    John Bartley K7AAY, Nov 9, 2008
  10. John Bartley K7AAY

    On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 07:22:18 -0800 (PST), John Bartley K7AAY wrote:

    >On Nov 9, 2:49 am, why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote:
    ><snip>
    >> So either more searching, some effort on your part to put something
    >> together or pay a little bit. This is what I use at work for monitoring
    >> systems which need the system status to be visible, also bought 1 copy
    >> myself.http://www.e-motional.com/TScreenLock.htm
    >> For what it cost, it more then made up for the fact it's available, and
    >> works without doing it the way you are.
    >>
    >> Me

    >Workplace requirement that it be demonstrated as freeware or Open
    >Source. No payware, not even if I buy it. Corporate policies....

    Then it looks like you need a toolkit to create your own screensaver.

    http://www.clock-desktop.com/sprinkle_clock.shtml
    Sprinkle Clock screensaver v.2.3
    FREEWARE!

    There are lots of clock screensavers free, ok so they are themes but
    there are links to pages 1-9.

    Look more, work on your searches, get a screensaver toolkit.

    Me
    why?, Nov 10, 2008
  11. John Bartley K7AAY

    thanatoid Guest

    Re: Windows XP, freeware or open souce app sought to put clock in wallpaper

    why? <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in

    <SNIP>

    >>Workplace requirement that it be demonstrated as freeware
    >>or Open Source. No payware, not even if I buy it. Corporate
    >>policies....

    Sounds like a real fun place to work - although ideologically
    speaking, I approve. Still, why don't you tell THEM to write it
    themselves then?

    <SNIP>

    --
    "May you live in interesting times."