    start up when windows starts, blocking outlook and in some cases internet
    explorer from doing their jobs as well as other internet relied-on programs
    i use. any help appreciated.

    Anonymous, Dec 1, 2003

  2. Anonymous wrote:
    > How in the heck do I permanently disable this? I have it disabled (or
    > the boxes are un ticked) for all of my internet connection methods
    > (currently DSL and a dial up acct for emergency situations) and it
    > still persists to start up when windows starts, blocking outlook and
    > in some cases internet explorer from doing their jobs as well as
    > other internet relied-on programs i use. any help appreciated.

    This doesn't sound like the Windows XP's "Internet Connection Firewall". The
    ICF only blocks inbound traffic, it isn't capable of blocking outbound
    communications (ie. Outlook or Internet Explorer).

    From the information that you have provided, it would appear that you have a
    third-party firewall (ZoneAlarm, Outpost, Norton etc.) installed. Instead of
    disabling it, you should try configuring it to allow trusted programs to
    access the internet.
    --
    HTH

    George Richards, Dec 1, 2003

  3. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    Yep you're right. turned out to be neotrace/neowatch (NWService.exe). Thanx
    for the info.

    Anonymous, Dec 1, 2003