    NIC.?

    Also how do you remove Internet Connection Sharing (the whole component)

    Thanks for any help
    boon, Apr 1, 2004

  2. boon

    chris Guest

    Remove ICS; to do so, follow these steps:
    1.. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
    2.. Double-click Add/Remove Programs, and then click the Windows Setup
    tab.
    3.. Click Internet Tools, and then click Details.
    4.. Click to clear the ICS check box, and then click OK.

    As for using your Cable modem that should not be a prob with it seeing your
    Nic card as long as you have a connection you in good hands.

    Rizo

    "boon" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Does windows xp install dial up networking by default, as in windows 98.

    If
    > so, how can i remove this (the whole component), as I use a cable modem

    via

    chris, Apr 1, 2004