Windows XP - Desktop

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Dennis Rumbold, Jul 31, 2003.

  1. Could anyone tell me how I get my Outlook Express icon/shortcut onto the
    Desktop??
    Dennis Rumbold, Jul 31, 2003

  2. "Dennis Rumbold" <> wrote in message
    news:9A2Wa.4207$...
    : Could anyone tell me how I get my Outlook Express icon/shortcut onto the
    : Desktop??

    "Drag 'n' Drop" is your best friend. "C:\Program Files\Outlook
    Express\msimn.exe" > drag it over to your desktop and rename it if you like.
    That is if you don't already have one of them li'l Outlook Express icons on
    the quick launch bar or start menu that you can drag over.

    --

    ¨°º©[VampiressX]©º°¨
    -----------------------------------
    -=[VampiressX]=-, Jul 31, 2003

  3. Dennis Rumbold

    trout Guest

    Dennis Rumbold wrote:

    > Could anyone tell me how I get my Outlook Express icon/shortcut onto
    > the Desktop??

    I don't use XP, but if you go to your Program files, open Outlook
    express folder, and right-click Msimn.exe; you should have the options
    to either "Create Shortcut" that you could drag to the desktop, or "Send
    to/ Desktop (create shortcut)".
    --
    "I'm sure there's many ways."
    trout, Jul 31, 2003
  4. Ladies and/or Gentlemen

    I thank you for your help - problem solved and icon on desktop.

    Dennis Rumbold, Jul 31, 2003
  5. Dennis Rumbold

    paul s Guest

    On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 07:22:06 +0100, Dennis Rumbold wrote:

    > Could anyone tell me how I get my Outlook Express icon/shortcut onto the
    > Desktop??

    Copy and paste it off the 'Start' menu

    --
    Paul S

    - To understand recursion, you must first understand recursion. -
    paul s, Jul 31, 2003

    charlie and grace, Jul 31, 2003
  7. Dennis Rumbold

    paul s Guest

    On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:30:48 -0700, trout wrote:

    > paul s wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:19:46 +0000, charlie and grace wrote:
    >>
    >> <zilch>
    >>
    >> Did you want something?

    > Look again, behind the ">" under your sig. For some reason, you've
    > been advised to create a shortcut to a shortcut in your start menu.

    Ah yeh, I didn't think to look at my sig on the followup.

    I'm using a 'fortune cookie' program on my sig file.
    --
    Paul S

    - Diplomacy: The art of saying "Nice doggy!" until you can find a -
    - big enough rock. -
    paul s, Jul 31, 2003