    Hoping someone here has had this issue or knows some ideas on what to try. I
    tried booting from the CD and running it but no dice.

    Aloha

    Brian, Jan 3, 2005

  2. Brian

    Unk Guest

    On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 06:30:35 GMT, "Brian" <> wrote:

    >I am trying to use windows restore in winXP pro. I have tried 8 different
    >dates and every time says that your computer cannot be restored to this
    >date. I googled alot and can't find much other than to try in safemode
    >(which too did not work, same error), and searching the MS KB did not turn
    >up any information.
    >
    >Hoping someone here has had this issue or knows some ideas on what to try. I
    >tried booting from the CD and running it but no dice.
    >
    >Aloha

    How to troubleshoot the System Restore tool in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302796

    Repair:
    Click Start, Search and look for SR.INF. It should be in "C:\WINDOWS\inf"
    RightClick on it, then LeftClick it, select "Install"
    Follow the prompts, Reboot and System Restore will be ready to use.
    http://www.updatexp.com/rstrui-exe-entry-point-not-found.html

    Another possibility is that the System Restore folder is damaged.
    Disable system restore, delete the System Restore folder, reboot,
    then re-enable System Restore. The folder will be re-created automatically.

    System Restore Calendar Blank
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_sysrestore_blank.htm

    Unk, Jan 3, 2005

  3. Brian

    Brian Guest

    If I disable then restore System Restore, I will lose my restore points,
    making a restore impossible, so I do not wish to do that, since I will be
    unable to restore to fix my problem!

    mahalo!

    Brian, Jan 3, 2005