    do a repair install due to a new Mainboard replacement is crazy.

    Does anyone know if there`s a way to prevent this from happening.

    Thanks for any help

    Joni, Mar 3, 2005

  2. Joni

    Plato Guest

    Joni wrote:

    > Its a well known issue that windows xp doesn`t allow major system hardware
    > changes without
    > throwing a blue screen at you etc
    >
    > I upgrade quite a few systems every year and the amount of times i`ve had to
    > do a repair install due to a new Mainboard replacement is crazy.
    >
    > Does anyone know if there`s a way to prevent this from happening.

    It's a feature of XP. That's why I still use win98SE on this pc. I have
    no time for that since I swap hardware several times/month.

    Plato, Mar 3, 2005

  3. Joni

    John Holmes Guest

    Joni 's blabbering in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Its a well known issue that windows xp doesn`t allow major system
    > hardware changes without
    > throwing a blue screen at you etc
    >
    > I upgrade quite a few systems every year and the amount of times i`ve
    > had to do a repair install due to a new Mainboard replacement is
    > crazy.
    >
    > Does anyone know if there`s a way to prevent this from happening.
    >

    > Thanks for any help

    sysprep. I can't be arsed to type a detailed manual for you, but you do
    know how to use a search engine, now do you?

    --
    - John Holmes -

    "Just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die."

    John Holmes, Mar 3, 2005
  4. Joni

    kenny Guest

    There is a way by including the drivers needed beforehand on XP,
    I had tried that once, but it didnt work for me....
    Look around google...

    kenny, Mar 3, 2005
  5. Joni

    Joni Guest

    Cheers guys, will search the google and see what it can find.

    Joni, Mar 4, 2005