windows xp bit64 not seeing hard drives(raid) in install

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 6, 2005.

  1. If it can see the HD, then it doesn't need a driver. If it _doesn't_ see the
    hard drive, at any point from initial installation to final operating OS,
    then it needs a driver. Your message is rather unclear about what the actual
    situation is, and tells us nothing about what your hardware is, so I can't
    be more specific than that.

    For more on F6 and loading storage drivers:
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/06/11/52162.aspx

    And for some more on the different modes for storage driver load during
    setup, and why you care:
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/07/25/59560.aspx

    HTH
    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 6, 2005

  2. Charlie Russel - MVP

    John Barnes Guest

    Raid requires drivers and you would need 64-bit. Charlie is right, provide
    some information, not many here are mind readers.

    John Barnes, Nov 6, 2005

  3. If they are separate partitions you should be fine.

    Colin Barnhorst, Nov 6, 2005
  4. Do NOT do that. You will have nothing but problems. Please rebuild your
    machine and install 32-bit windows and x64 Edition on different partitions.
    You will have an unstable and unsupportable machine as it is currently
    configured.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 6, 2005
  5. You need to rebuild your C: drive. No telling what files are where.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 6, 2005
  6. Charlie Russel - MVP

    norman Guest

    norman, Nov 7, 2005
  8. Charlie Russel - MVP

    norman Guest

    norman, Nov 7, 2005
  9. Charlie Russel - MVP

    norman Guest

    norman, Nov 7, 2005
  10. Charlie Russel - MVP

    John Barnes Guest

    Try disconnecting everything except your video card, especially any USB
    devices.

    norman, Nov 8, 2005
  12. setupapi.log in the \windows directory

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 8, 2005
  13. Charlie Russel - MVP

    norman Guest

    norman, Nov 8, 2005
  14. Charlie Russel - MVP

    norman Guest

    after checking the logs i found that it was failing at the usb hub part so i
    removed my microsoft intellimouse optical and got my dell mouse and ran the
    installing and it work perfectly

    thanks for the help everyone great too see a helpful community =D

    just wondering has microsoft released any 64 bit mouse drivers?

    norman, Nov 9, 2005
  15. http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2005/08/31/64772.aspx

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Nov 10, 2005
  16. I am having the same problem, Windows XP Pro 64 Bit is not showing two of my
    hard drives. The Maxtor 300GB ('D' Drive) is a slave one the #1 40 pin IDE
    cable. During boot up BIOS has it listed and is also listed in Device Manager
    but in My Computer it isn't shown. In Properties of Device Manager for the
    Maxtor is reads This Device Is Working OK. My Western Digital 200GB is in a
    1394 Firewire Mini External Enclosure, My Compter was showing it but one time
    after booting up it wasn't shown and hasn't since, no matter how many times I
    re-boot. Every time I try updating drivers it can't find any or it says none
    better than what is being used already. This Operating System is running on a
    AMD Athlom 64 Double Core on a ASUS A8N-SLI Premium motherboard with 1GB RAM.
    My 'A', 'C', and two CD drives are working OK. How do I get Windows to see
    these two hard drives all the time so that I can use them?

    =?Utf-8?B?TW9lIEw=?=, Nov 10, 2005