    Voice Recog?

    cheers

    John

    John, Feb 27, 2004

  2. John

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    John <> wrote in
    news::

    > Just a quickie... Has Windows XP Pro got any built in software for VR?

    Not unless I missed something.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Feb 27, 2004

  3. John

    Thor Guest

    IMHO, best product for VR is Dragon Naturally Speaking.

    Thor, Feb 27, 2004
  4. "John" <> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    >
    > Just a quickie... Has Windows XP Pro got any built in software for VR?
    > I'm sure I read somewhere about this but have failed to detect any on
    > my system.
    >
    >I think voice controlled windows would be a good next step. However, it

    would involve Microsoft developing speech recognition software, which they
    have the money and with windows, the incentive to do. However, the developed
    software incorporated into Windows, effectivley becoming free with windows
    would compete with commercially available speech recognition software.
    Microsoft got stung with this when they incorporated Microsoft Internet
    Explorer into windows. It nearly caused Microsoft to be split up. I don't
    think they will risk it again in a hurry.

    Representative Trantis, Feb 28, 2004
  5. John

    colin Guest

    John <> wrote in message
    > Hi.
    >
    > Just a quickie... Has Windows XP Pro got any built in software for VR?
    > I'm sure I read somewhere about this but have failed to detect any on
    > my system.
    >
    > Last Q.... What would you consider currently the best product for
    > Voice Recog?
    >
    > cheers
    >
    > John

    googled.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/columns/moskowitz/02september2
    3.asp

    colin, Feb 28, 2004
  6. John

    Michael-NC Guest

    "Representative Trantis" <> wrote in message

    > "John" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi.
    > >
    > > Just a quickie... Has Windows XP Pro got any built in software for VR?
    > > I'm sure I read somewhere about this but have failed to detect any on
    > > my system.
    > >
    > >I think voice controlled windows would be a good next step. However, it

    > would involve Microsoft developing speech recognition software, which they
    > have the money and with windows, the incentive to do. However, the

    developed
    > software incorporated into Windows, effectivley becoming free with windows
    > would compete with commercially available speech recognition software.
    > Microsoft got stung with this when they incorporated Microsoft Internet
    > Explorer into windows. It nearly caused Microsoft to be split up. I don't
    > think they will risk it again in a hurry.

    I think they will support it in Longhorn. To me, the whole argument you
    stated is spurious. You could make the same argument for search features, CD
    writing, disc utilities, note pad and restore features. Why Microsoft
    shouldn't include these either, for many third party vendors offer products
    that will perform these tasks. For me, let MS put all the apps they want
    into their product and if I, the consumer, view it as a worthy purchase, I
    will support them.

    MS is a natural monopoly, if there _ever_ was one.

    Michael-NC, Feb 29, 2004