    Sally Guest

    I have a desktop with Windows XP and have just ordered a new laptop that will
    have Vista. Can I network these two?
    Sally, Apr 21, 2009

  2. Yes. This how to may help.
    Vista Network Sharing
    Vista Network Sharing. Enable Vista simple file sharing · How to
    access a sharing printer in Vista ... How to check or setup Windows Vista
    home network ...
    www.howtonetworking.com/vista/networksharing.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Bob Lin \(MS-MVP\), Apr 21, 2009

  3. Sally

    Jack-MVP Guest

    Hi
    Assuming that you have a Router. When the two computers can talk to the same
    Router and use the internet you have already a Network.
    In order to share resources internally over the LAN, you need to configure
    each computer's sharing.
    Firewall instructions.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack-MVP, Apr 22, 2009
  4. Sally

    STEVAN Guest

    Yes!You can do that with crossover network cable.
    You must set both computers i same network workgroup and share some folders.
    Another way is built small home network using wireless network router.
    I have something like that.
    Desktop,cabble internet modem,laptop with wireless network adapter and d
    link Dl-524 wireless router.
    Desktop is conected thrue network cable in Dl-524.Cablle internet modem is
    conected thrue network cable in Dl-524 too.Laptop is conected thru wireless
    adapter in Dl-524.I can conect another 3 devices with network cable ( second
    desktop,network printer ect) and 10 devices with wireless network adapter.
    All devices are part of my home network and all can access internet and
    other devices.
    It works with Windows XP,Vista,Windows 7 and linux without problems.
    Dl-524 costs i my country ( serbia ) less than 50€.

    Korisnik "Sally" <> je napisao u poruci -
    STEVAN, Apr 26, 2009