    on shut down.
    How can I fix that?
    Thanks

    Old, Aug 28, 2003

  2. Old

    jmnugent Guest

    Do you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard??

    You may also want to go into your BIOS settings and make sure "ACPI" is set
    to YES
    (it might say---" ACPI Aware OS? Y/N.....or something like that)

    Do you have all the service packs and updates for Windows XP
    http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and click on "Scan for Updates"

    --jmnugent

    "Old" <> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone
    >
    > I installed Windows XP and have a question about shut down.
    > When I shut down I get the message "it is now ok to turn off your

    computer",
    > so I have to shut down using the Button
    > When I had Windows 98 the computer the computer shut down as soon as I

    click

    jmnugent, Aug 28, 2003

  3. Old

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Old" <> wrote:

    >Hello everyone
    >
    >I installed Windows XP and have a question about shut down.
    >When I shut down I get the message "it is now ok to turn off your computer",
    >so I have to shut down using the Button
    >When I had Windows 98 the computer the computer shut down as soon as I click
    >on shut down.
    >How can I fix that?
    >Thanks

    See MVP Jim Eshelman's Shutdown Troubleshooter for Windows XP at
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Aug 28, 2003
  4. Old

    Mike0000 Guest

    Go into your BIOS and make sure ACPI is set to yes.

    You may need to get the newest BIOS from the manufacturer if your computer
    is aging.

    --
    Mike

    Block web ads