    Im not looking to manipulate or edit these images using windows, but looking
    for soemhting that will display a RAW file as a thumbnail etc...

    thanks

    the_niner_nation, Aug 19, 2007

  2. the_niner_nation

    meerkat Guest

    "the_niner_nation" <> wrote in message
    news:46c891c6$0$16386$...
    > Hi..is there any way of getting windows to 'recognise' in thumbnail form '
    > RAW' images taken from a digital camera?
    >
    > I am trying to organise the ' my pictures' folder and have to use a RAW
    > editing software to see whats in the sub-folders as windows dosn't
    > recognise RAW.
    >
    > Im not looking to manipulate or edit these images using windows, but
    > looking for soemhting that will display a RAW file as a thumbnail etc...

    Hope this will help...
    http://www.graphicregion.com/ablerawer.htm
    meerkat, Aug 19, 2007

  3. the_niner_nation

    philo Guest

    > Hi..is there any way of getting windows to 'recognise' in thumbnail form '
    > RAW' images taken from a digital camera?
    >
    > I am trying to organise the ' my pictures' folder and have to use a RAW
    > editing software to see whats in the sub-folders as windows dosn't

    recognise
    > RAW.
    >
    > Im not looking to manipulate or edit these images using windows, but

    looking
    > for soemhting that will display a RAW file as a thumbnail etc...
    >
    > thanks

    this should do it I'd think

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/prophoto/raw.mspx
    philo, Aug 19, 2007
  4. the_niner_nation

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 19 Aug 2007 20:45:33 +0100, the_niner_nation wrote:

    >Hi..is there any way of getting windows to 'recognise' in thumbnail form '
    >RAW' images taken from a digital camera?
    >
    >I am trying to organise the ' my pictures' folder and have to use a RAW
    >editing software to see whats in the sub-folders as windows dosn't recognise
    >RAW.
    >
    >Im not looking to manipulate or edit these images using windows, but looking
    >for soemhting that will display a RAW file as a thumbnail etc...

    You have searched past posts in 24HSHD
    and found the often mentioned
    http://www.irfanview.com/ ?

    >thanks

    Me
    why?, Aug 19, 2007
  5. the_niner_nation

    WhzzKdd Guest

    > Hi..is there any way of getting windows to 'recognise' in thumbnail form '
    > RAW' images taken from a digital camera?
    >
    > I am trying to organise the ' my pictures' folder and have to use a RAW
    > editing software to see whats in the sub-folders as windows dosn't
    > recognise RAW.
    >
    > Im not looking to manipulate or edit these images using windows, but
    > looking for soemhting that will display a RAW file as a thumbnail etc...
    >
    > thanks

    Try your camera manufacturer's web site. I have a Canon EOS 20D, and
    installed the codec they provided, which gives me thumbnails and
    compatibility with the Windows Photo Gallery.
    WhzzKdd, Aug 19, 2007