Windows XP and A-TEC USB CF Card Reader Driver

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Karma, Dec 29, 2003.

  1. Karma

    Karma Guest

    I can't get my A-TEC USB CF Card Reader Driver to work on a fresh
    install of Windows XP, although it worked on WinME. I'd really
    appreciate any suggestions about this. I've tried installing the
    driver from the install CD, which is "version 3.02" for Windows, and
    also installing a driver from http://members.driverguide.com/
    resulting in the same error message:

    This driver is not digitally signed!

    (Continue anyway)

    Then:

    There was a problem installing this hardware:
    A-TEC USB CF Reader

    An error occured during the installation of this device:

    The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary
    entry. This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or
    later. Contact your hardware vendor.

    We've had no luck searching for A-TEC drivers, and the card definitely
    doesn't work automatically, any suggestions? Perhaps there's a default
    driver we can find somewhere?
    Karma, Dec 29, 2003

  2. Karma

    Dumdedo Guest

    On 28 Dec 2003 16:50:25 -0800, (Karma) wrote:

    >I can't get my A-TEC USB CF Card Reader Driver to work on a fresh
    >install of Windows XP, although it worked on WinME. I'd really
    >appreciate any suggestions about this. I've tried installing the
    >driver from the install CD, which is "version 3.02" for Windows, and
    >also installing a driver from http://members.driverguide.com/
    >resulting in the same error message:
    >
    >This driver is not digitally signed!
    >
    >(Continue anyway)
    >
    >Then:
    >
    >There was a problem installing this hardware:
    >A-TEC USB CF Reader
    >
    >An error occured during the installation of this device:
    >
    >The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary
    >entry. This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or
    >later. Contact your hardware vendor.
    >
    >We've had no luck searching for A-TEC drivers, and the card definitely
    >doesn't work automatically, any suggestions? Perhaps there's a default
    >driver we can find somewhere?

    This seems to think it was never made for XP

    Products by Company - A-Tec Subsystem, Inc. - All Products

    http://www.usb.org/app/search/products/by_company
    Dumdedo, Dec 29, 2003