    I reinstalled XP home on my laptop but can't activate it because it has been
    reinstalled too many times. Where can I get a crack that will activate it?

    TIA

    Nascar24Rulz, Jan 1, 2005

  2. Nascar24Rulz

    Greg R Guest

    >I reinstalled XP home on my laptop but can't activate it because it has been
    >reinstalled too many times. Where can I get a crack that will activate it?
    >
    >TIA

    No need for a crack. Follow this
    Xp sp2 will not work with a crack.

    Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current
    Version\WPAEvents

    In the right pane, right-click OOBETimer, and then click Modify.

    Change at least one digit of first line value to deactivate Windows.

    If doing this from safe mode reboot normally here.

    Run %systemroot%\system32\oobe\msoobe.exe /a

    Preinstalled xp system use the key on the back of the machine.

    All others use the same key, that you used to install windows xp

    Click Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to
    activate Windows, and then click Next. Click Change Product key.
    Type the product key in the New key boxes, and then click Update. If
    another Screen pops up-Click Remind me latter. Reboot. Then
    activate. Reboot.

    According to Microsoft you can activate a computer as many times as
    you want unless you change major hardware within 120 days of
    activation. Then you can make a phone call and tell them you had to
    reinstall windows do to a virus or something else. Then they will
    give you a new product key.

    Greg R

    Greg R, Jan 1, 2005