Windows XP Activation

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Same, Oct 9, 2004.

  1. Same

    Same Guest

    I want to know the way to activate the windows XP without
    any contact with Microsoft without any call, without any
    Internet connection,
    Actually I am using 2 different machines and I have
    windows XP license for 2 machines. Before I did install
    windows on these tow machines and activated the windows
    through the Internet, but after some days I did format
    one machine once and re-installed the windows but once I
    went to activate the windows its was showing me
    that "Maximum time I have activated the windows now If I
    want to activate the windows please use the different
    windows key" I don't remember the exact message.
    Before a friend of mine told me that once you activate
    your windows then make a copy
    of "c:\windows\system32.wpa.dbl" for the future if you
    reinstall the windows then start your computer in the
    Safe Mode and copy this file in the same folder then
    start in the normal now it will not ask you to activate
    but I did and it was asking me to activate.

    So please help me to solve this problem.

    Same

    Same, Oct 9, 2004

  2. What type of license do you have that is for 2 machines?
    Are you referring to "1 - 2 CPU"?
    That means two processors, Not two computers.
    That is still licensed for only one computer.

    You need to contact Microsoft.
    Contrary to popular belief copying that file will not prevent the need
    for activation in all situations.
    A Clean Install always requires activation and that file will not
    prevent it as you have seen.

    You apparently misread what you saw.
    You can activate Windows XP an unlimited number of times on the same
    computer.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Oct 9, 2004

  3. Same

    Ozzmosys Guest

    Contact Microsoft. If you indeed have (2) licenses, you can have the
    (2) systems. Anyime you have a change or require a re-build with an
    XP system that's legal, Microsoft will gladly issue you a new key for
    the one that's acting up.

    Ozzmosys
    A+ Certified
    NET+ Certified