  1. Just added 2 RAM modules and had to re-activate Windows. How many
    times and how often can I do this?

    thanks

    PowerPost2000, Mar 8, 2005

  2. PowerPost2000

    elaich Guest

    PowerPost2000 <> wrote in
    news::

    > Just added 2 RAM modules and had to re-activate Windows. How many
    > times and how often can I do this?

    Every time you change anything on your computer.

    I wouldn't run XP if Gates paid me to do so.

    elaich, Mar 8, 2005

  3. PowerPost2000

    Wizard Guest

    elaich , wrote in message
    :
    > PowerPost2000 <> wrote in
    >
    >> Just added 2 RAM modules and had to re-activate Windows. How many
    >> times and how often can I do this?

    > Every time you change anything on your computer.
    >
    > I wouldn't run XP if Gates paid me to do so.

    How odd you should declare that you wouldn't do something on the back of
    being paid when that is absolutely guaranteed never to happen.

    You're a linuxfuck, aren't you.

    --
    linux makes you stupido

    Wizard, Mar 8, 2005
  4. PowerPost2000

    Guest

    On 8 Mar 2005 22:56:00 GMT, elaich <> wrote:

    |> PowerPost2000 <> wrote in
    |>
    |> > Just added 2 RAM modules and had to re-activate Windows. How many
    |> > times and how often can I do this?
    |>
    |> Every time you change anything on your computer.

    Not the first thing he's changed, it's basically three items (CPU counts
    as 2). They will just verify it's him and be on his way.

    |> I wouldn't run XP if Gates paid me to do so.

    I wasn't paid, but I was given their software. Free is hard to pass up.

    I asked for them to mail me (at their expense) Exchange. Came bundled
    with NT that included 95 as a client (two systems!). Even sent it
    priority UPS :))

    I didn't even have a use for Exchange I just saw that they were offering
    to send it to you if you asked...

    --

    , Mar 8, 2005
  5. PowerPost2000

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    elaich wrote:
    > PowerPost2000 <> wrote in
    >

    >>Just added 2 RAM modules and had to re-activate Windows. How many
    >>times and how often can I do this?

    > Every time you change anything on your computer.

    Rubbish.

    > I wouldn't run XP if Gates paid me to do so.

    Good for you.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus

    Oldus Fartus, Mar 9, 2005
  6. ,On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:07:50 -0500, PowerPost2000 <> wrote:

    >Just added 2 RAM modules and had to re-activate Windows. How many
    >times and how often can I do this?
    >
    >thanks

    I guess the real question is : Will there ever be a time when I WON'T
    be able to re-activate?

    Didn't I read somewhere that you can only do it every 3 or 6 months?
    Any more often and you can't do it over the internet, you have to call
    in.

    Does this sound right?

    PowerPost2000, Mar 9, 2005
  7. PowerPost2000

    Helena Guest

    wrote:
    > On 8 Mar 2005 22:56:00 GMT, elaich <> wrote:
    >
    >>> PowerPost2000 <> wrote in

    >>> Every time you change anything on your computer.

    > Not the first thing he's changed, it's basically three items (CPU
    > counts as 2). They will just verify it's him and be on his way.

    So, you don't have a clue either. Think 7, and think NIC = 4.

    Helena, Mar 9, 2005
  8. PowerPost2000

    Guest

    On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 17:12:22 -0800, "Helena"
    <> wrote:

    |> wrote:

    |> > Not the first thing he's changed, it's basically three items (CPU
    |> > counts as 2). They will just verify it's him and be on his way.
    |>
    |> So, you don't have a clue either. Think 7, and think NIC = 4.

    I'm not going to write a book over a side comment.

    http://www.licenturion.com/xp/fully-licensed-wpa.txt

    --

    , Mar 9, 2005
  9. PowerPost2000

    elaich Guest

    Wizard <> wrote in

    > You're a linuxfuck, aren't you.

    No, I am not. I run Win9x and 2000. I won't run a OS that dictates to me
    how and what I can do with my computer or that makes me get permission to
    install memory.

    You're an XP ****, aren't you? Silly little led sheep.

    elaich, Mar 9, 2005
  10. PowerPost2000

    Wizard Guest

    elaich , wrote in message :
    > Wizawd < in
    >
    >> You're a linuxfuck, aren't you.

    > No, I am not. I wun Win9x and 2000. I won't wun a OS dat dictates to me
    > how and what I can do wif my computew ow dat makes me get pewmission to
    > instaww memowy.
    >
    > You'we an XP ****, awen't you? Siwwy wittwe wed sheep.

    A convinced gastric ulcer, the pudding, and an inalienably smudgy rodent are
    what made America rotten. When a curryaholic past a coxcomb is dyslexic, a
    spangled farkleberry crashes the swollen swamp-donkey.

    Any swamp-donkey can leave a giggler, but it takes a real shoplifter to
    flatlong catch a secondhand garbage hauler. A clam walks, or a
    chicken-fucker trashes another stick-in-the-mud cyst. A motherless impacted
    tooth wiggles, and a flasher undresses; however, a singingly imbalanced worm
    disturbs a door-to-door garbage hauler.

    For example, the gusher signals that an indefensible parrot ejects a
    hitherward stick-in-the-mud handbag.

    --
    linux makes you stupido

    Wizard, Mar 9, 2005
  11. elaich, <>, the deafened, weedy flunky, and old woman who goes about
    the streets gathering dog droppings to be used for tanning leather, heaved:

    > Wizard <> wrote in
    >
    >> You're a linuxfuck, aren't you.

    > No, I am not. I run Win9x and 2000. I won't run a OS that dictates to
    > me how and what I can do with my computer or that makes me get
    > permission to install memory.
    >
    > You're an XP ****, aren't you? Silly little led sheep.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    Look. This is what the Wizard posted:
    "*You're* *a* linuxfuck, *aren't* *you*.

    And this is what you followed up with:
    "*You're* an XP ****, *aren't* *you*?"

    Now, notwithstanding your total lack of originality given any manner
    of responses available to you, you then go and self-nuke yourself
    with:

    "Silly little led sheep."

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!

    Perhaps you can now see that you are the fucking retard being led
    around Usenet with that bull-ring through your nose.

    On a scale of 1-10, that's one to ten, how stupid do you feel right
    now? Oh and according to the Wizards headers, he uses linux, you
    stupid ****.

    Zedekiah Dobry, Mar 9, 2005
  12. PowerPost2000

    Ron Martell Guest

    PowerPost2000 <> wrote:

    >Just added 2 RAM modules and had to re-activate Windows. How many
    >times and how often can I do this?
    >
    >thanks

    Just adding more RAM should not, by itself, create the need to
    reactivate Windows. However if there have been other hardware changes
    since the last/original activation then it is possible that this item
    was the "straw that broke the camel's back" in that the cumulative
    total of hardware changes were enough to raise the question "is this
    really the same computer that Windows was originally installed on?".

    There are 10 hardware related items that are monitored for product
    activation and if the current status of those items are sufficiently
    different from what they were when Windows was installed then a
    reactivation will be required.

    See MVP Alex Nichol's article on activation at
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/wpa.htm for a more detailed explanation.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Mar 9, 2005
  13. PowerPost2000

    Ron Martell Guest

    PowerPost2000 <> wrote:

    >,On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 17:07:50 -0500, PowerPost2000 <> wrote:
    >
    >>Just added 2 RAM modules and had to re-activate Windows. How many
    >>times and how often can I do this?
    >>
    >>thanks

    >I guess the real question is : Will there ever be a time when I WON'T
    >be able to re-activate?

    No. Microsoft has publicly committed to the permanent availability of
    product activation for all products that require it. And if they
    should decide to discontinue activation for some or all products then
    they will issue an update for those products that will permanently
    shut off the need to activate them

    >Didn't I read somewhere that you can only do it every 3 or 6 months?
    >Any more often and you can't do it over the internet, you have to call
    >in.
    >
    >Does this sound right?

    No. You can do it as often as you want. The activation database
    maintained by Microsoft is cleared after 120 days, so if you
    reactivate after that time interval it will be handled as a new
    activation.

    Within the 120 day period Microsoft does keep track of how many times
    the same product key is activated, and if there are too many
    activations in a short period (not sure of the exact number) then
    automatic activation may not work and you would be requried to do it
    by telephone. But you would still be able to activate.

    See http://aumha.org/win5/a/wpa.htm for a more detailed explanation.

    Ron Martell, Mar 9, 2005
  14. PowerPost2000

    Dee Guest

    PowerPost2000 <> wrote:

    >>>Just added 2 RAM modules and had to re-activate Windows. How many
    >>>times and how often can I do this?
    >>>
    >>>thanks

    Until the end of the world, as far as I know!

    Dee, Mar 9, 2005
  15. PowerPost2000

    JustMe Guest

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAGAGAGAGGA! You completely useless fuckstick. The hardware
    list is re-audited and a new HWID is regenerated every 120 days on the local
    machine. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

    XP does nothing every 120 days on your machine concerning the hardware, your
    the idiot.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAGAGAGAGGA! to you, what ever that is supposed to mean.

    JustMe, Mar 10, 2005
  16. PowerPost2000

    VWWall Guest

    JustMe wrote:
    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAGAGAGAGGA! You completely useless fuckstick. The hardware
    > list is re-audited and a new HWID is regenerated every 120 days on the local
    > machine. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!
    >

    > XP does nothing every 120 days on your machine concerning the hardware, your
    > the idiot.
    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAGAGAGAGAGGA! to you, what ever that is supposed to mean.

    K-xxx stole it from here and got it wrong! ;-)

    http://aumha.org/win5/a/wpa.php

    VWWall, Mar 10, 2005
  17. "vanguard" <> wrote in message
    > DON'T FEED THE K-MAN TROLL!!