    you have.
    --
    Robert W

    =?Utf-8?B?TXIgQm9iMTA2?=, Jan 22, 2006

  2. Hi,

    There are some beta drivers on the planetamd64 web site. You must
    register to download them

    http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?download=619

    Ken
    -----------------

    Ken Tucker [MVP], Jan 22, 2006

  3. The answer is to not waste any more of your time with this unsupported OS.
    Microsoft has been selling a poor product and we must all stop using it now!

    =?Utf-8?B?am9lYmVybGU=?=, Jan 22, 2006
  4. "joeberle" wrote:

    > The answer is to not waste any more of your time with this unsupported OS.
    > Microsoft has been selling a poor product and we must all stop using it now!
    >
    > "Mr Bob106" wrote:
    >
    > > Any one able to get a 64bit driver for HP Printer 2600n. Please contact me if
    > > you have.
    > > --
    > > Robert W

    Come on, Joe... Many of us have "wasted" a lot of time getting x64 to work.
    I have all the drivers that I need, and workarounds for three printers on a
    network and in my opinion, x64 is a stable reasonably fast system. Besides,
    MS says x64 will be the OS for all future plans. If you do not enjoy the
    challenge, the leaving x64 is your best bet. Be patient. When Vista come
    out, software and driver makers will start to produce everything you need to
    construct a great OS.

    =?Utf-8?B?SmFja00=?=, Jan 22, 2006
  5. Its a first of its kind for Windows, it had happen sooner or later.
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 22, 2006
  6. Its up to the user to make the appropriate decision if Windows x64 is right
    for you, not because you have a 64-bit enabled processor necessarily means
    you are obligated to run it. I continue to say its a technical workstation
    operating system, but at the same time it offers all of the out of the box
    functionality for word processing, E-mail and the Internet. But if you are
    going to buy it for just that, it does not make any sense since Windows XP
    x86 does all of that without any effort.

    If you are enthusiast, you will understand the consequences and make the
    sacrifices to get it working. I agree with you JackM, the promise of true
    consumer oriented 64-bit computing won't be fully realized until Vista
    arrives. So if you can't bother with installing storage drivers, ensuring
    all your applications compatible and other devices such as Video card and
    peripheral devices such as Printers, then stick with Windows XP x86 instead
    of bashing x64.

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 22, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgQm9iMTA2?=

    nospam Guest

    "Ken Tucker [MVP]" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > There are some beta drivers on the planetamd64 web site. You must
    > register to download them

    Screw that

    nospam, Jan 22, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgQm9iMTA2?=

    nospam Guest

    "joeberle" <> wrote in message

    > The answer is to not waste any more of your time with this unsupported OS.
    > Microsoft has been selling a poor product and we must all stop using it
    > now!

    If the released version of the 64bit OS is anything like the Beta, which I
    downloaded and tried, then I agree with you. However, if the released
    version runs better than the Beta.... Well?

    nospam, Jan 22, 2006
  9. THanks I will give it a try and hope for the best there must be some out
    there as HP just realased that printer and on woiuld think that all new items
    would be getting ready for the 64 bit world! Bob
    --
    Robert W

    =?Utf-8?B?TXIgQm9iMTA2?=, Jan 22, 2006
  10. There are significant improvements over the beta compared to the Trial/RTM
    Build.

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 22, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgQm9iMTA2?=

    nospam Guest

    Such as...
    1.
    2.
    3.
    4.
    etc.

    nospam, Jan 22, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgQm9iMTA2?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 06:20:02 -0800, "joeberle"
    <> wrote:

    >The answer is to not waste any more of your time with this unsupported OS.
    >Microsoft has been selling a poor product and we must all stop using it now!

    On ya! Then don't buy it. It's as simple as that.
    I am sure that the OP can figure that one out for himself,
    after all, why should we trust you, instead of Andre or Charlie?

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Jan 23, 2006
  13. It works with Windows Update, driver issues, crashes are more easier to be
    diagnosed, more stable and it does not time bomb and its a legal copy.

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 23, 2006
  14. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgQm9iMTA2?=

    nospam Guest

    > It works with Windows Update, driver issues, crashes are more easier to be
    > diagnosed, more stable and it does not time bomb and its a legal copy.

    Thanks. Let me ask you this: Will it work with Nero and Roxio? Will I be
    able to burn CD's and DVD's? I noticed that there is a 64 bit printer driver
    for my laser printer, will I need drivers for my DVD writers or the drivers
    are already integrated in XP64? How about Office 2003?

    nospam, Jan 23, 2006
  15. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgQm9iMTA2?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 20:13:30 -0500, "nospam" <> wrote:

    >"Andre Da Costa" <> wrote in message
    >> It works with Windows Update, driver issues, crashes are more easier to be
    >> diagnosed, more stable and it does not time bomb and its a legal copy.

    >Thanks. Let me ask you this: Will it work with Nero and Roxio? Will I be
    >able to burn CD's and DVD's?

    Yes, yes and yes for, and with Nero.

    > I noticed that there is a 64 bit printer driver
    >for my laser printer, will I need drivers for my DVD writers or the drivers
    >are already integrated in XP64? How about Office 2003?

    My terminology is probably far off here, but I thought CD/DVD-writers have
    a generic interface to Windows, which always works, no matter which model,
    so you won't need special drivers for that. The burning-software is the
    controlling thing, together with the burners firmware, what exactly is
    being burned.

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Jan 23, 2006
  16. The Office 2003 Image Writer is not compatible with Windows XP x64, but the
    rest of Office 2003 works just fine.

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 23, 2006
  17. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgQm9iMTA2?=

    nospam Guest

    You did not answer my other questions: Will Nero & Roxio work?
    Are the drivers for my DVD writers integrated in XP64?

    nospam, Jan 23, 2006
  18. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgQm9iMTA2?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Nero 6 and Nero 7 work with no packet writing on x64.

    Dennis Pack, Jan 23, 2006
  19. Oh, sorry, yes they both work, with no Packet Writing support as Dennis
    mentioned, Jud Hendrix answered that question, thats why I didn't bother to
    answer them.

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 23, 2006
  20. =?Utf-8?B?TXIgQm9iMTA2?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Roxio works with packet writing in version 8.

    John Barnes, Jan 23, 2006