    that is fuzzy. Is this inended? Should I just live with it. Everything
    else is in focus including all the programs I run.

    Bob AZ
    Bob AZ, Jan 16, 2010

  2. Bob  AZ

    Carlos Guest

    Bob,
    What is the logo about (Microsoft, another brand)?
    What part of the right side of the screen (top, center, bottom)?
    Did you try switching to another wallpaper?
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 16, 2010

  3. Bob  AZ

    Bob AZ Guest

    On Jan 16, 6:29�am, Carlos <> wrote:
    > Bob,
    > What is the logo about (Microsoft, another brand)?
    > What part of the right side of the screen (top, center, bottom)?
    > Did you try switching to another wallpaper?
    > Carlos

    Carlos

    The logo is about Microsoft and XP 64 bit.

    The right side middle of the screen.

    I did not think about changing the wallpaper. It just never dawned on
    me that Microsoft would put up a wallpaper that was not infocus.

    I will try another this evevning..

    Thanks
    Bob AZ
    Bob AZ, Jan 17, 2010
  4. Bob  AZ

    Kue2 Guest

    Hi Bob AZ
    I have XP 64 running here on an old 2005 pc with an agp graphics card in it.
    The logo is not fuzzy or out of focus on my machine.
    Must be something on your machine.

    Kue2, Jan 17, 2010
  5. Bob  AZ

    Bob AZ Guest

    On Jan 17, 9:41�am, "Kue2" <> wrote:
    > Hi Bob AZ
    > I have XP 64 running here on an old 2005 pc with an agp graphics card in it.
    > The logo is not fuzzy or out of focus on my machine.
    > Must be something on your machine.

    Kue2

    It is the file. It is selected in the Control panel, Display, Desktop.
    Windows XP selection. All the other files are reasonably focused.
    Apparently all the Desktop Background files are too small to labor the
    computer sufficiently to be in focus. I also used a WP table file with
    50 LPI to check the focus. Very good with this.

    Another learning thing that with most things there are shortcomings. I
    had the passing thought that XP64 would be superior in all things but
    no.

    Thanks for the response(s). At least my printer rendering time is all
    but instant. I will trim some things to make this faster.

    Looking at building another XP64 machine for regular daily use.

    Take care
    Bob AZ
    Bob AZ, Jan 18, 2010
  6. Bob  AZ

    Carlos Guest

    Bob,
    So it was a wallpaper issue indeed.
    I always choose wallpaper resolutions that match exactly my monitor, in my
    case it is 1680x1050.
    If I can't get that exact resolution I resize it with the freeware PAINT.NET
    and only then use it as a wallpaper.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jan 18, 2010
  7. Bob  AZ

    Bob AZ Guest

    On Jan 18, 3:26�am, Carlos <> wrote:
    > Bob,
    > So it was a wallpaper issue indeed.
    > I always choose wallpaper resolutions that match exactly my monitor, in my
    > case it is 1680x1050.
    > If I can't get that exact resolution I resize it with the freeware PAINT.NET
    > and only then use it as a wallpaper.
    > Carlos

    Carlos

    Good point and thing to do. I can probably resize it with Photoshop
    Elements. Not sure how to get hold of the file to do this. Maybe this
    evening.

    I have several other issues with the computer and its setup. Mainly
    boot issues. When I set the boot order using F6 it is fine but if I
    boot with a USB flash drive in a USB socket the computer tries to boot
    from the USB Flash Drive and of course does nothing. I remove the USB
    Flash Drive and reboot and all is well.

    Thanks for the assistance
    Bob AZ
    Bob AZ, Jan 18, 2010
  8. Bob  AZ

    Carlos Guest

    Bob,
    You need to set the boot order permanently in BIOS, without the need of
    pressing F6 or whatever key your motherboard requires.

    Grab a cup of coffee (or a glass beer if you prefer) and carefully read the
    motherboard manual, BIOS setup section. Set the boot order to suit your
    needs, usually

    1st device: CD/DVD
    2nd device: Hard Disk

    Carlos