Windows XP 64 bit Installation Blue Screen HELP!!

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?QnJhbmRvbiBX?=, Jan 14, 2006.

  1. Hi all, thanks for the help.

    When installing windows xp 64bit I get a blue screen stop error at about 99%
    complete. After installing network, copying files, and registering files. The
    blue screen is a 0x000000F7 stop error and reports that I have had a Driver
    stack-buffer overrun and because my computer could be taken over it must stop
    windows. I thought that this was because of bad hardware of some sort so i
    have replaced EVERY SINGLE component accept the CPU, Memory and Hard drives.
    I have done memory tests for 14 hrs strait and they reported 0 errors. I have
    made absolutely sure that I am using the most up-to-date RAID driver for the
    VIA 8237 Raid controler and am loading the driver at the start of the windows
    setup. I am not installing win xp 64bit on anything but its own freshly
    formated partition and have tried installing with only the bare minimum
    hardware installed and all extra's in bios disabled.

    If you could provide any insight to this problem i would be most
    appreciative.

    I have a MSI K8T-Master2 Far motherboard with Via 8237 Raid controler.
    Two Opteron 240s and two 512 modules of PC3200 ECC DDR.
    Two Maxtor 160gb SATA 150 drives on Raid0, and an ATI x850 pro AGP 256mb
    Video Card.
    Linksys 80211.G (WMP54GS) wireless card and Creative Labs X-Fi Audigy sound
    card.

    System Temp runs at 98 farenhite on cpus and 89 on system.
    =?Utf-8?B?QnJhbmRvbiBX?=, Jan 14, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QnJhbmRvbiBX?=

    Rick Guest

    Go to www.microsoft.com and enter your error in the search area at the
    upper right of the page and you will get several references to
    information about your problem to assist you in isolating your problem.

    Rick, Jan 14, 2006