    appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Ringboche
    Ringboche, Feb 5, 2008

  2. It is likely that the program you are trying to install is written for an
    Itanium system, now a Windows x64 system. There are two, completely
    incompatible, 64-bit hardware platforms that Windows can support. The x64
    platform that is used for Windows XP x64, Windows Vista 64, and Windows
    Server 2003 & 2008 x64 versions, is based on the AMD developed 64-bit
    extensions to the 32-bit x86 architecture. Intel now also supports those
    with their EM64T extensions, which are binary compatible with the AMD64
    design. XP x64 supports most 32-bit programs running natively in the WOW64
    subsystem.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 5, 2008

  3. Ringboche

    Ringboche Guest

    Thanks Charlie, I will look into this possibility.

    Ringboche, Feb 7, 2008